1. Which browsers work on kinzaa.com?
We have tested kinzaa.com with the following browsers:
Firefox 5 through 7
Internet Explorer 9
2. My browser isn’t up there, what do I do?
3. What does kinzaa.com do?
4. What’s an infographic?
5. Why infographic resumes?
Short reason: because traditional, text based resumes suck.
Long reason: there has been solid research that what matters for happy employers and happy employees are four things:
6. How can your infographic resume generator help me?
Resumes are difficult to write and often do not convey the right kind of information.
7. Can I see what an infographic resume looks like?
Clicking on the preview image on the right side of the home page will take you to a sample infographic resume.
If you would like your infographic resume to be included as a sample, please let us know!
8. Why can’t I have multiple themes for my infographic resume?
The team at Kinzaa has done a tremendous amount of research to determine precisely what potential employers want from their recruits. Our theme is designed to convey to the employer exactly what your strengths are.
9. Why do you need my email address when I register?
For verification. After registering, we’ll send you a link to kinzaa.com.
You will need to click on the link in order to activate your account. You can send prospective employers hyperlinks to your infographic resume (i.e. http://kinzaa.com/mynickname) only after you activate your account.
10. I registered using my Facebook account. How is this different from registration at kinzaa.com?
If you registered using your Facebook account, you will not receive an activation link, because Facebook has already verified you.
11. What else will you use my email address for?
12. I didn’t get my activation link. What happened?
The email message with your activation link may have been sent to your Spam or Junk Mail folder. If that is the case, please contact us so we can inform your email provider so this doesn’t happen in the future.
13. How do I pick a nickname?
Your nickname must be at least 3 characters and can be up to 20 characters long. It must consist of alphanumeric characters (a through z and 0 through 9) including the underscore “_”. It cannot include other characters such as *,%,-,&,@ etc.
It is very important to choose the right nickname for the following two reasons.
- You will be using your nickname to log into kinzaa.com. So make sure that is a nickname that you can easily remember. One that is related to your name is best: e.g. johnsmith.
- Your nickname will be part of the link that you will be sending prospective employers. It is in your best interest to pick one that is not frivolous. For example, if johnsmith is already taken, then picking a nickname such as i_am_a_princess probably won’t give a prospective employer a good impression.
14. How do I login?
15. How do I deactivate my account?
After you login, click on “Account Setting” and choose the “Deactivate account” link. Your deactivated account will stay in our system for up to 30 days in case you decide to reactivate . After 30 days your information will be removed permanently from our system.
16. Can I use a custom domain to point to my kinzaa.com profile?
Yes! If you have a personal domain (e.g. myusername.com) you can create a sub-domain (e.g. resume.myusername.com or cv.myusername.com) and have it point to kinzaa.com/yourusername. There are three steps involved:
1. Create an A record for your domain with the name you want (e.g. resume.myusername.com or cv.myusername.com) For example, if your DNS hosting is with GoDaddy, the instructions are here.
2. Ensure that your new A record has an IP address of 18.104.22.168.
3. We need to update our configuration files. So send us an email with the name of your sub-domain
Thanks Ian for the suggestion!
17. Are you still in beta?