1. Which browsers work on kinzaa.com?
We have tested kinzaa.com with the following browsers:
Firefox 5 through 7
Internet Explorer 9
We also recently added support for iPad and iPhone.
2. My browser isn’t up there, what do I do?
Things will still work, however we still suggest you upgrade in order to have the best user experience:
3. What does kinzaa.com do?
Help users create infographic resumes.
4. What’s an infographic?
It is a way of expressing information in a visual or graphic form.
5. Why infographic resumes?
Short reason: because traditional, text based resumes suck.
Long reason: there has been solid research that what matters for happy employers and happy employees are four things:
Our ultimate goal is to ensure that employers get the workers they are looking for, and employees end up working where they want.
6. How can your infographic resume generator help me?
Resumes are difficult to write and often do not convey the right kind of information.
Instead, you could send a link to your infographic resume to prospective employers: e.g.:
7. Can I see what an infographic resume looks like?
Clicking on the preview image on the right side of the home page will take you to a sample infographic resume.
If you would like your infographic resume to be included as a sample, please let us know!
8. Why can’t I have multiple themes for my infographic resume?
The team at Kinzaa has done a tremendous amount of research to determine precisely what potential employers want from their recruits. Our theme is designed to convey to the employer exactly what your strengths are.
9. Why do you need my email address when I register?
For verification. After registering, we’ll send you a link to kinzaa.com.
You will need to click on the link in order to activate your account. You can send prospective employers hyperlinks to your infographic resume (i.e. http://kinzaa.com/mynickname) only after you activate your account.
However you don’t have to wait to activate your account in order to get creating your infographic resume. You can get started right away!
10. I registered using my Facebook account. How is this different from registration at kinzaa.com?
If you registered using your Facebook account, you will not receive an activation link, because Facebook has already verified you.
You will still need to pick a nickname that will be used as part of the link that you can send prospective employers (i.e. http://kinzaa.com/mynickname)
11. What else will you use my email address for?
We may send you email to inform you of important updates. However this won’t be more than once a week. We will not sell or give away your email address to anyone else.
12. I didn’t get my activation link. What happened?
The email message with your activation link may have been sent to your Spam or Junk Mail folder. If that is the case, please contact us so we can inform your email provider so this doesn’t happen in the future.
13. How do I pick a nickname?
Your nickname must be at least 3 characters and can be up to 20 characters long. It must consist of alphanumeric characters (a through z and 0 through 9) including the underscore “_”. It cannot include other characters such as *,%,-,&,@ etc.
It is very important to choose the right nickname for the following two reasons.
- You will be using your nickname to log into kinzaa.com. So make sure that is a nickname that you can easily remember. One that is related to your name is best: e.g. johnsmith.
- Your nickname will be part of the link that you will be sending prospective employers. It is in your best interest to pick one that is not frivolous. For example, if johnsmith is already taken, then picking a nickname such as i_am_a_princess probably won’t give a prospective employer a good impression.
14. How do I login?
If you have registered at kinzaa.com, you will need your nickname (or your email address) and password to log in.
If you have a Facebook account, then you can login via Facebook.
15. How do I deactivate my account?
After you login, click on “Account Setting” and choose the “Deactivate account” link. Your deactivated account will stay in our system for up to 30 days in case you decide to reactivate . After 30 days your information will be removed permanently from our system.
16. Can I use a custom domain to point to my kinzaa.com profile?
Yes! If you have a personal domain (e.g. myusername.com) you can create a sub-domain (e.g. resume.myusername.com or cv.myusername.com) and have it point to kinzaa.com/yourusername. There are three steps involved:
1. Create an A record for your domain with the name you want (e.g. resume.myusername.com or cv.myusername.com) For example, if your DNS hosting is with GoDaddy, the instructions are here.
2. Ensure that your new A record has an IP address of 184.108.40.206.
3. We need to update our configuration files. So send us an email with the name of your sub-domain
Thanks Ian for the suggestion!
17. Are you still in beta?