Drama , Drama
January 1992 - January 1992
Sr. Director Product Management Ops
May 2012 - July 2012
WhaleShark Media, Inc. is the world's leading marketplace for coupons and deals. The company's websites connect consumers seeking savings with discounts from more than 75,000 top merchants, stores, and retailers. WhaleShark Media welcomes more than 100 million unique visitors to shop its sites every year. The WhaleShark Media portfolio of coupon and deal websites includes www.RetailMeNot.com - the largest online coupon site in the United States, www.Deals.com, www.Deals2Buy.com, www.CheapStingyBargains.com, www.CouponSeven.com, and www.CouponShare.com. WhaleShark Media is a fast-growing, profitable company funded by venture capital firms Austin Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners (NVP) and Adams Street Partners and is based in Austin, TX.
Executive Director, Sales Process Re-Engineering
January 2011 - March 2012
Executive leader for Latin America ERP deployment program. Recruited extensive team of business analysts and program specialists. Established cross-functional team to drive standardization, simplification and Frictionless Online adoption. Drove long-term vision, phase execution, and clear operational metrics. Combined goals and objectives of multiple initiatives into roadmap to deliver frictionless improvements and resulting savings of $15M annualized for Dell.
• Completed due diligence on original cost reduction plan
• Established executive network for Latin America ERP deployment
• Garnered credibility with technical architecture leaders to drive a forward-looking solution
• Mentored & coached business process analysts and project managers to complete planning stage of ERP roll-out
Director, Asia Pacific & Japan ERP Deployment
April 2009 - January 2011
Delivered first rollout of Dell’s Global Enterprise Resource Management system to Asia. Established operational and governing model for extended Product Data Configuration team, by leading a cross-functional task force through the initial deployment and beyond. Defined organizational model, hiring strategy, and delivery plan for Japan ERP deployment. Headed a globally distributed team of 300+ analysts, process engineers, program managers, developers and data architects to analyze gaps and define standardized system rollout scope. Accountable to executive steering team for delivery of Asia and Japan program rollout.
• Finalized global program deployment and legacy system replacement, resulting in $100M software and consulting fee reductions
• Created integrated business/IT staffing approach for a global standardized process and system program
• Managed executive engagement, program execution and governance for Asia and Japan rollout
Director, APJ IT Systems
November 2007 - April 2009
Delivered tangible business results for Sales & Marketing systems driving $8B of revenue annually by deploying globalized platforms. Successfully managed a systems portfolio, from prioritization, strategy, reporting to systems delivery and upkeep. Provided full transparency in project planning, funding allocation, execution and infrastructure operations to senior executive staff in the region and to global teams.
• Delivered accelerated global ecommerce programs replacing unmanageable legacy systems, resulting in $150M margin improvement
• Attained a significant staffing shift to low-cost locations with a 25% operating expense decrease while maintaining deployment schedules
• Redefined the role of the Asia IT Leadership team with extended staff providing platform for engagement, leadership development and communication for a highly distributed team
Director, APJ Online, North Asia IT
December 2006 - October 2007
Provided executive leadership for Sales & Marketing IT systems for Dell Japan, Korea. Expanded executive presence for IT in the region, participating in multiple customer and press events. Continued strategic planning work with global online teams by providing unique regionalized perspectives.
• Delivered global ecommerce capability to Japan improving conversion rates by 10% ($20M revenue)
• Executed services and sales force automation application programs an overall ROI of $50M
• Drove IT strategy and prioritization, reporting, business funding and governance for Dell North Asia, managing a budget of $10M in staff, software and hardware
Director, Application Development
November 2004 - December 2006
Ran application development and architecture teams for dell.com, the largest ecommerce site by revenue ($30B annually). Developed roadmap, budget, staffing and operational plans for application development and second level support teams. Responsibilities included Dell’s CRM system of record (containing 250M unique customer records), sales tools application development, sales compensation system for 80,000 employees and management of a Bangalore-based 450-person development team.
• Executed largest global site redesign project at Dell resulting in an overall increase in online revenue of $150M
• Spearheaded Dell CRM system to European markets, resulting in a direct marketing cost reduction of 25%
• Directed the global rollout of an incentive compensation system for 80,000 employees
• Served on Privacy Council, Global Online Council and Marketing Council
• Provided technical counsel on intellectual property cases involving dell.com
Sr. Manager, Global Content Apps Development
August 1999 - November 2004
Managed application development, technical architecture and user support team, visual design team and publishing operations group with a staff of 45.
Developed processes and support structure for global content system and a global presentation and authentication framework. Managed development and support of content systems for dell.com, a budget of $10M (staff, software, hardware).
• Directed global team of technologists and business teams to transition dell.com to a fully data-driven site, enabling full brand and design control, localization and easy maintenance
• Conceptualized online innovations at dell.com, with a cumulative margin improvement of $50M
Online Manager, Server Group
April 1997 - August 1999
• Revamped server marketing site driving use-based navigation
• Adopted and evangelized usability and human factors in website design at dell
• Rolled out full storage systems offering on dell.com and managed multiple product rollout schedules concurrently
Product Manager, Server Group
February 1997 - April 1997
Marketing Analyst, Networking
November 1994 - February 1997