A senior event marketing professional with over 15 years of demonstrated success in a range of corporate environments including highly matrixed organizations of the world’s leading brands. A technology-savvy, creative problem solver who is recognized for developing proactive and innovative solutions and is keenly attentive to achieving strategic business objectives.
Vice President, Client Solutions
Lenos Software , Ottawa, Ontario
September 2011 - March 2013
• Member of the Executive Leadership Team of event marketing SaaS company - responsible for account management and professional services functions.
• Consulted on event technology solutions for global clients including Appcelerator, AT&T, Harley-Davidson, Genesys, Google, Nike, NetSuite, Silicon Valley Bank, United Technologies and Wells Fargo.
• Transformed customer support operations including the implementation of CRM solution, increasing quality, productivity and customer satisfaction.
• Expanded operations to new markets including opening of offices in Canada and Europe.
Professional Services/Technical Support
Instructor, Event Management (part-time)
Mount Royal University , Virtual
December 2010 - March 2013
Courses taught include Event Logistics, Event Production, Risk Management.
Maritz Canada , Mississauga, Ontario
December 2006 - September 2011
• Member of the Business Management Team responsible for business unit focused on Events and Engagement Marketing. Clients included BlackBerry, Cervélo, Cisco Systems, Ford, HP, Microsoft, Nortel, Purolator, Ricoh, Rogers, Scotiabank and TELUS.
• Full P&L responsibility for business unit including management of up to 10 direct and 60 indirect reports and $30 million in annual revenue.
• Implemented strategic business transformation plan, expanding service offerings to include consumer engagement solutions, expanding client base and increasing overall profitability by at least 20% year over year.
• Developed proprietary program measurement approach leveraging audience segmentation research expertise to create predictive modeling tools for clients.
Business Manager, Microsoft
Maritz Canada , Mississauga, ON
February 2004 - December 2006
• Reporting to the Group Account Director. Responsible for the overall client relationship and management of 15 member team supporting Microsoft’s field marketing initiatives.
• Implemented strategic marketing framework methodology linking event marketing strategy to customer sales cycle.
• Implemented product launch go to market strategy for event marketing resulting in 30% increase in efficiency and reach of key product launches including Microsoft Office.
• Increased business revenue by 60% year over year.
Group Manager, Marketing Communications
Ingram Micro , Mississauga, ON
January 2001 - January 2004
• Reporting to the Director, Program Marketing. Leading a marketing communications services bureau developing Creative, Digital Marketing and Event Marketing solutions to drive channel sales on behalf of manufacturers.
• Implemented diverse selection of channel marketing communications programs resulting in 65% increase in program volume and 150% increase in departmental revenue.
• Recognized by sales organization with achievement award for 3 consecutive years for impact on sales objectives.
Parachute Destination Management
January 1998 - January 2001
Global Strategy Financial
January 1994 - January 1998