EULEX Mission in Kosovo , Pristina
September 2011 - July 2012
▪ To maintain the internal Unit computer network;
▪ To perform regular back-ups of the Unit computerized information;
▪ To ensue regular downloads of external databases to the network in line with agreements between the Unit and the database managers;
▪ To maintain the contact with software suppliers to the Unit database and manage the service and maintenance agreement;
▪ To act as the point of contact for IT & Communication issues between the Unit and the other Mission Units and KFOR;
▪ To maintain contact with the Communication and Information Technology Section in Administration of all IT issues related to the Unit;
▪ To maintain and manage the Unit IT Security Policy;
▪ To provide advice and guidance to officers using IT systems in the Unit;
▪ To perform other duties as assigned.
Provide advice and guidance
Border Police Officer
EULEX Mission in Kosovo , Jarinje
February 2011 - April 2011
- execute border control in accordance with the applicable law using the experience with and knowledge of best European practices at Gate 1 and Gate 31 on a 24/7 basis like conducting document checks, vehicle checks/VIN number checks and profiling of passengers including arrest and search of persons, search of cars, initial interviews of offenders, using force in accordance with the applicable law and writing of respective reports.
- Mentor, monitor and advise local Kosovo Policemen.
Mentor, Monitor and Advise
Border Police Supervisor and IT Officer
polizia di stato , Courmayeur
December 2010 - February 2011
▪ Extensive usage of Microsoft Office.
• Administration of LAN
• Configuration of clients
• Creation and Management of Illegal Immigration Database (Access 2007).
• Treatment of illegal immigrants, readmissions, complaints, reports.
Treatment of illegal migrants
WWF , Courmayeur/Chamonix
January 2007 - July 2012
Just before leaving for my 2007/2008 6 months round the world, I applied to become a Climate Witness for WWF. Shortly after I was accepted and built my Climate Witness page
I report for the climate in the Mont Blanc Area, France/Italy.
During my round the World I gave two presentations: at WWF Australia HQ in Sydney and in South Pacific WWF HQ in Suva, Fiji, where I met local Climate Witness Penina Moce.
Witnessing Climate Change
Interpol Disaster Victim Identification, Italian National Team , Courmayeur
November 2006 - July 2012
Field language assistance and liaison in English and French.
Field language assistance
Binational Police Supervisor and IT officer
Italian Border Police Binational Police Service
March 2006 - December 2010
▪ Management of the data and the infrastructure of SPB dedicated local area network,
▪ liaising with GEIE Mont Blanc Tunnel IT technicians,
▪ supervising the tunnel security procedures,
▪ collaborating in the implementation of new automated systems and in verifying the correct operation of surveillance systems.
▪ filing of weekly, monthly and quarterly,reports about the Binational Police activities and various kinds of statistics.
▪ currently developing an automated personnel management application using Access and Visual Basic
▪ Extensive usage of Microsoft Office.
Nat Geo Adventure , Courmayeur
January 2006 - July 2012
After winning the "AAA Cercasi Viaggiatore" contest in 2006, I kept uploading videos and photos on www.natgeoadventure.tv, and was therefore given the title of "Explorer".
IT expert and System Administrator/Intelligence
UNMIK , Kosovo
September 2005 - March 2006
Thanks to my experience on the field as an Intelligence Officer and my IT background, at CIU (Central Intelligence Unit, located in Film City, Pristina, Kosovo) I was
▪ managing a stand alone LAN of 50 clients plus an internal mail server based on Lotus Notes.
▪ performing daily back ups of both servers, daily firewall and antivirus updates,
▪ creating and managing users, user profiles, file access, network peripherals, virtual drives,
▪ installing applications and the eventual upgrades,
▪ assisting the CIU officers in learning basic IT, and solve any hardware or software problems,
▪ managing contacts with a network of local computer shops and the UNMIK CITS (Communication and Information Technology Section) for ghosting and server building.
Regional Intelligence Officer
April 2005 - September 2005
▪ Gathering of Criminal Intelligence, at regional level,
▪ writing assessing and sending intelligence reports to UNMIK Police Main HQ, Pristina,
▪ managing the access Regional Intelligence Database,
▪ planning of joint operations with KFOR and MSU,
▪ implementing a database and an active collaboration with Dubrava detention facility.
Intelligence Officer - KFOR liaison
UNMIK , Kosovo
October 2004 - April 2005
▪ Patrol Officer from 21.10.2004 to 12.11.2004
▪ Team Leader from 12.11.2004 to 30.11.2004
▪ KFOR Liaison and Intelligence Officer from 30.11.2004 to 21.04.2005;
⁃ direct supervision of two local KPS Policemen,
⁃ gathering of Intelligence (humint, comint etc.),
⁃ creating and assessing Intelligence Reports for Regional Intelligence Squad,
⁃ liaising with J2 Intelligence of Gjakove / Djakovica ROA Italian KFOR Base on a daily basis.
Visa Officer Supervisor
Italian embassy , Ankara, Turkey
April 2000 - June 2001
▪ Producing regular reports on the activities of the visa section informing Central Immigration Department of the Ministry of the Interior about local immigration situation and trends.
▪ Preliminary investigations and enquiries on visa applicants
▪ verification of passport authenticity, investigation of claims by contacting relevant immigration authorities in Italy,
▪ General management of the operational aspects of the Visa Office.
Art Director/Chief Creative Officer
Unusual Multimedia , Courmayeur
June 1997 - July 2012
Unusual Multimedia was founded in 1997, as an innovative multimedia company. During its existence it dealt with various customers in a fairly broad range of services, from wall decorations to logo design, from brochure design and impagination to video production and film making. Since 2007 Unusual Multimedia incorporated Maurizio Turco as Chief Executive Officer.