April is one of those rare leaders who can speak both Marketing and Technology. She has significant expertise around digital marketing and measurement, and has been evangelizing finding the emotive insight in the data since her career started in 1997. Her track record includes highlights like guest-lecturing at Duke University to transforming analytics culture at TIAA-CREF, serving on the Board of Directors for the Web Analytics Association, and designing innovative customer experiences for her blue-chip clients at Targetbase.
Virginia Commonwealth Universi
Sociology , Sociology
December 1998 - December 1998
Virginia Commonwealth Universi
French , French
May 1995 - May 1995
Midlothian High School
June 1990 - June 1990
President and CEO
Digital Analytics 101 , Rowlett, TX
October 2011 - January 2012
Vice President, Strategic Business Analysis
Targetbase , Irving, TX
December 2009 - October 2011
• Promoted to Vice President within 8 months of hire.
• Owns and manages digital marketing optimization and develops framework for online segmentation and 360 customer communication.
• Identifies and recommends new business opportunities in existing clients, with a responsibility for client growth and migration from print to digital marketing media.
• Responsible for thought leadership, internal development of innovative digital research and analytical techniques, and methodologies and technologies designed to enhance knowledge of client's customers, particularly in the areas of web, social, and mobile marketing.
Director, Product Management
AH Belo , Dallas, TX
September 2008 - December 2009
• Responsible for identifying opportunities; developing the business case; creating the Product Plan/Roadmap; monetizing and implementing new products among Belo’s 20+ websites.
• Launched 6 products within first 12 months in 16 markets nationwide, for both print and broadcast legacy media partners.
• Evaluated, negotiated and managed vendor relationships.
• Worked collaboratively with teams and individuals across the company to garner support for the strategy and implemented against milestone-oriented timelines for all stages of the Product Development Lifecycle.
• Leveraged primary and secondary research to assess and scope market opportunities and white space in key verticals.
• Designed and commissioned research to fill any knowledge gaps: customer, consumer, concept, and usability-focused
Director, Customer Value Management
The Dallas Morning News , Dallas, TX
June 2006 - September 2008
• Personally led the transformational Customer Value Management effort, which is the first of its kind in the newspaper industry.
• Oversaw the deployment, testing, and implementation phase of a $4MM Siebel CRM launch, leading a cross-functional team of internal IT, IBM new business development staff, and other CRM experts.
• Managed circulation sales team, as well as ABC reporting, circulation forecasting, advertising revenue growth opportunities for home delivery, and predictive modeling.
• Implemented project and budget management enhancements, improving acquisition efficiency and transparency by 60%, allowing proactive management against emerging channel trends.
• Introduced the first Marketing Key Performance Indicator monthly report; allowing a first look at publisher’s statement trends and overall sales and retention health. This accelerated forward view provided roughly twice as much time to implement measures to reverse emerging circulation declines.
Director, Marketing Performance Management
TIAA-CREF , Charlotte, NC
September 2004 - May 2006
• Analyzed performance metrics, as well as leading Business Transformation efforts to improve efficiency and eliminate redundant systems or processes. Enhanced project and budget tracking by 100%, providing first full view of initiatives and events.
• Introduced technology to support organization-wide commitment to process management and continuous improvement culture. Led team of 6 consultants to achieve tool, template, and systems excellence.
• Provided in-depth Business Analysis of current state of marketing, customer contact center, and business practices; created high-level summary of opportunity areas.
• Co-wrote $3.6MM business case, BRD, and cost/benefit analysis for 2006 budget committee to increase campaign data quality, prospecting enhancements, and improve response capturing.
• Built and maintained organization-wide metrics for all marketing and branding initiatives, from a start-up foundation.
• Pioneered web analytics reporting for Marketing campaigns.
Manager, Risk and Analysis
RBS , Bridgeport, CT
March 2004 - August 2004
- Drove UAT testing for TSYS Conversion. Created implemented, and maintained project plan for end-to-end testing on conversion of all automated risk strategies from FDR platform to TSYS platform.
- Detected technical gaps and implemented both hardware and software solutions, acting as internal business analyst for daily processes, data access, and data warehousing and analysis capabilities.
- Participated in cross-functional teams regarding judgmental processes and strategic business direction. Recommended process improvement at conversion.
- Worked collaboratively with vendors from TSYS, TRIAD, Equifax, and other outside consultants to troubleshoot and communicate opportunity areas. Negotiated change requests within parameters of existing contract(s).
- Trained, mentored, and supervised direct report as well as testing team.
Senior Quantitative Analyst
People's Bank , Bridgeport, CT
May 2001 - March 2004
• Spearheaded large-scale division projects and oversaw to completion, projects under supervision led to a loss reduction of $3MM in 2003.
• Strategic analysis regarding customer pricing, curative, punitive, and promotional led to policy change, resulting in charge-off loss reduction of over $35MM in 2003.