Experienced manager/ event planner with extensive background working with colleges and universities. Seeking a position that will allow me to contribute my management skills as well as acquire new skills.
State University of New York
Social Sciences , Social Sciences
- May 1993
Act II Consignment , Newport News, VA
- January 2015
• Welcomes customers by greeting them; offering them assistance
• Directs customers by escorting them to racks and counters; suggesting items.
• Helps customer make selections by building customer confidence; offering suggestions and opinions.
• Processes payments by totaling purchases; processing checks, cash, and store or other credit cards.
• Keeps clientele informed by notifying them of preferred customer sales and future merchandise of potential interest.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
President’s House Manager
Williams College , Willamstown, MA
- June 2014
• Planned and coordinated all VIP and charity events
• Managed a staff of 20-25 members for all events and dinners.
• Assisted with the development of the President's House annual budget.
• Acted as host for all VIPs during events for trustees, speakers, and guests.
• Served as liaison between the President's spouse and all College departments, external agencies and vendors.
• Maintained inventories of necessary event furnishings
• Tended to day to day operations, scheduling and supervising maintenance and housekeeping staff
• Planned all events paying special attention to details while maintaining the confidentiality of the President's home.
• Submitted work orders for security, landscaping, and all maintenance related issues.
President's House Housekeeper
William's College , Williamstown, MA
- September 2011
• Ensured the cleanliness and order of the President’s House.
• Worked closely with the President’s spouse and family.
• Maintained privacy and confidentiality of the President and his family.
• Assisted with coordination of house dinners and events, maintained regular upkeep and maintenance of the house, and developed and maintained excellent relationships with all College departments, external groups, vendors and contractors.