Mobile User Interface Developer (Contract)
News Digital Media
April 2011 - January 2012
Initially hired on a 6 month contract as Mobile Front-end Developer to prototype & create mobile specific/optimised sites for all network products.
- Setup standard guidelines for mobile front-end development for all mobile sites across the network.
- Worked closely with user experience designer, back-end developer, front-end development team and project management team.
- Currently working on the UI development on the next generation of iPad applications.
Web Standards Developer
April 2009 - April 2011
- Implementation of websites/applications/mobile content sites, specialising in front end development and user interface.
- Experience implementing complex interfaces across different platforms and browsers.
- Maintained existing projects by implementing new features, making changes and correcting identified issues as well as front-end optimisation.
- Making sure that sites built adhere fully to accessibility guidelines.
- Developed standard eDM templates to be used across the board and making sure that emails are build in table based layouts to work across email clients based on business requirements.
October 2008 - April 2009
- Gained a solid understanding of working in an ASP.NET environment and use of XML/XSL/XSLT.
- Responsible for template building for the current Reserve Bank of Australia website that was to be utilize by their internal web development team.
- Optimisation and improving the existing client websites such as - Telstra V8 Supercars and Telstra Bigpond Entertainment.
Worked on the following sites:
Front-end Web Developer
September 2006 - September 2008
- Developing cross platform/browser compatibility (IE, Firefox, Safari, etc) for dynamic web applications.
- Educate others about the importance of web standards, accessibility, and semantic mark-up.
- Provide technical expertise to producers as well as suggesting technical solutions and providing estimates for projects.
- Familiarity with and adherence to web standards, as well as object oriented programming.