Creative, detail-oriented instructional designer, technical writer and business analyst with Fortune 500 and higher-education focus areas. Engaged team player. Master’s degree, with professional emphasis in pedagogy learning methods. Life-long learner.
Gerontology , Gerontology
- December 1995
Clarity Consultants, Campbell, CA , Fayetteville
- February 2015
• United Laboratories Health and Safety, Jan 2015 – Feb 2015. Updated construction and general industry safety storyboards, assessments, and job aids per OSHA standards.
• Walmart Talent Development, Jan 2009 – June 2014. Supported development of a new multi-million dollar LMS system for on-the-job training linked to step-by-step standard operating procedures (SOP).
o Created blended-learning lessons using over 1000 standard operating procedures incorporated into 90 position facilitator and participant guides, training plans, launch pages, assessment questions, electronic learning quick courses (eLearning), job aids and Webinars for use by associates located in large or small format stores across all departments.
o Original material for SOPs sourced from legacy documents plus subject matter expert interviews.
Newspapers in Education (NIE) Literacy Coordinator
Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, Northwest Edition , Fayetteville
- January 2009
• Developed teaching materials for Arkansas teacher professional development classes.
• Raised donations from minus $20K to over $125K in three years; managed growth to over 150 orders at 500K papers per year; managed fulfillment and recognition program for 200 donors.
• Awards included:
o Cover story for the national Newspaper Association of America’s June 2008 Big Idea Newsletter for the Create-An-Ad student online art contest.
o Profiled in the Springdale District Newsletter for Gifted and Talented partnership with the Create-An-Ad contest.
Data Analyst / Technical Writer
IBM Global Services , Fayetteville
- November 2001
Data conversions. Traveled up to 30%, including international.
o Royal Bank of Scotland & National Westminster Bank merger (London, UK)
o American Express (Phoenix), and Reliant Energy (Houston)
Research Assistant / Technical Writer
UARK, UAMS , Little Rock, AR
- February 1998
• School of Social Work: interviewed welfare recipients and county workers, uploaded and analyzed results using SPSS statistical software.
• Co-authored Arkansas Welfare Waiver Demonstration Project: Final Report using Chicago Manual of Style.
• College of Nursing: Assisted with grant proposal writing.
• Interviewed nursing home residents, their families and staff. Uploaded and analyzed data with SPSS and co-wrote preliminary findings.
Programmer Analyst / Instructional Designer / Tech
Alltel Information Services (Fidelity Information Services, prior Systematics) , Little Rock, AR
- June 1995
• Focus areas: technical support; instructional design, and GUI user interface.
o Subject matter expert for Financial Access System (FIAS), Transaction System (TS), Customer Information File (CIF), Relationship Manager (RM). Traveled up to 40% to client banks nationally and internationally.
o Designed, wrote and taught three week-long instructor-led (ILT) classes for over 1000 clients in five years.
o Sales presenter demonstrating software for prospective clients.