Workforce Management Analyst
Farmers Insurance , Austin
August 2011 - January 2012
Analyzes trends within assigned operations, including call volumes, call patterns, staff productivity, and resource allocation. Uses analysis results to forecast call arrival and build staffing and scheduling plans.
Business Development Manager
June 2008 - October 2010
▪ Sales/Lead Qualification - Interviewed potential clients/business partners to determine needs for risk management consultancy
▪ Market Research - Conducted qualitative research used to inform product development
▪ Market Planning - Projected addressable market size to determine most efficient resource allocation
Product Marketing Manager
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
June 2005 - May 2008
▪ Recruited initially as a project manager in marketing operations, later promoted to competitive intelligence analyst, market research manager, and product manager
▪ Market Research - Managed external and internal market research projects, coordinating vendor efforts and managing in-house market research. Conducted online, live, and telephone-based focus groups and in-depth interviews. Conducted regular surveys using traditional methods and proprietary online customer panel.
▪ Product Development - Worked directly with external partners to develop and upgrade products. Assisted other product managers in collection of competitive market intelligence and product. Worked with finance to develop ROI models for product planning and comparison.
▪ Product Forecasting - Managed development of product forecasts using internal sales data, MDR and USDOE databases. Standardized (and enforced!) tracking methods to ensure relevant annual and project vs. project comparisons.
Competitive Intelligence Analyst
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
January 2005 - January 2008
Sheshunoff Information Services
March 2003 - March 2005
▪ Hired as an account representative, later promoted to sales analyst. Subsequently promoted to marketing manager responsible for analysis and corporate creative activity.
▪ Managed direct mail programs including 100k monthly direct mail pieces, 150k monthly emails
▪ Organized all conference activities, including coordinated email and direct mail communication, conference materials, and logistics
▪ Led creative team responsible for development of all product and marketing collateral
▪ Coordinated branding efforts for legal and financial product lines
▪ Worked with finance to revamp sales forecasting methods
May 2000 - September 2000
▪ Developed business model for captive finance subsidiary
▪ Led cross-functional project team including marketing, engineering, and finance departments
VISTA Program - Family Literacy
May 1998 - July 1999
▪ Developed family literacy program in Manor, Texas
▪ Reading volunteer for grade K-5
▪ Taught family literacy with focus on bilingual education
Account Manager, Gallo Winery
Republic National Distributing Company
August 1996 - January 1998
▪ Sold Gallo Winery portfolio for leading regional distributor
▪ Managed 25 large and mid-sized grocery accounts including Albertson's and HEB
▪ Handled all aspects of account management: ordering, stocking, and negotiation for display space and shelf/cold box placement, point of purchase marketing