Senior Product Manager
January 2011 - October 2012
Kaltura provides the world's first and only Open Source Online Video Platform. Kaltura’s platform includes industry leading media management applications as well as a framework for developing custom applications. Over 100,000 web publishers, enterprises, and educational institutions use Kaltura’s flexible platform to enhance their websites, web-services, and web-platforms with advanced video functionalities, including ingestion, management, publishing, distribution, syndication, monetization and analytics.
April 2008 - August 2010
• Responsible for all product launch activities and definitions for BMC AppSight Application Problem Resolution (for Windows and J2EE) and BMC Desktop Capture.
• Worked with field organizations and customers to facilitate both inbound and outbound communications.
• Defined product requirements and specifications according to customer and field feedback.
• Created marketing material and product collateral.
Field Enablement Manager
May 2006 - April 2008
• Responsible for world-wide field enablement and training of BMC’s sales engineers and professional services consultants for BMC AppSight Application Problem Resolution.
• Bridged the gap between the field and R&D by collecting requirements from the consultants, sales force and customers and creating product requirements documents for R&D.
• Developed best practices and blueprint deployment plans for professional services to optimize the application life-cycle process within development and support organizations.
August 2003 - May 2006
As a team lead in the professional services group I was responsible for ensuring successful implementations of Identify’s AppSight technology at the strategic customer’s environments. The customer base is diverse and includes different industries such as: financial, health care, retail, government and ISVs. The role included the following responsibilities:
• Customize AppSight to better integrate into each customer environment and business process.
• Provide on-site R&D problem resolution for customers.
• Educate customers personnel and field engineers on product internals.
Sr. Software Engineer
December 2000 - July 2003
• Researched Internet Information Server and Database Servers functionality for integration in the company’s products.
• Developed samples and test cases to demonstrate the capabilities of the company’s products in Visual Basic, ASP, SQL and C++.
• Developed the user interface for the Java products of the company using Swing.
• Developed specific tools for customers to customize and integrate between their products and our software.
January 2000 - December 2000
• Developed web projects using ASP, Visual Basic and SQL Server.
• Developed production system to manage 400,000 users and affiliate auction for partner websites.
• Developed numerous site projects, including contests and community features.
Quality Assurance Engineer
June 1999 - December 1999
• Ensured accurate release testing for a 3 tier Web trading platform, providing final approval to ensure real time availability for end-users.
• Created test cases and project documentation.
Personal Software Instructor
May 1998 - May 1999
• Led personal classes of high-level business clients with backgrounds ranging from no experience to extensive knowledge.
• Developed a large portion of the teaching material for the Direct Guiding instructors.
• Taught customers the following subjects:
• Windows 95, 98, NT
• Internet. (e.g.: Browsers, mail programs, search engines). Enabled clients to incorporate Internet functionality into their company’s business plan.
• Office software (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access.)
Trendline, Internet Service Provider
October 1996 - April 1998
• Provided remote technical support for Internet and Compuserve business customers of Trendline, a specialist in content services which was one of the first ISP's in Israel.