A passionate and motivated professional product strategist and technology / business leader. Track record of driving Billion-dollar business revenues and strong profitability.
Value I can deliver your company, based on my and my team's track-record of:
• Took eight product-lines to market in six years
• We had second-year 850% YoY sales growth
• Our team under my leadership drove in excess of $500 M in revenues over 6 years
• We obtained gross margins of over 60%; and, net operating income profit of 50%
• Division voice and data services team was responsible for product development and P&L for over 60% of the division’s overall $1 B in annual revenue
• With my management track record I went from managing one team to five teams in six years
• Our product achieved J.D. Powers ‘Best Product in the SE-USA’ 2005 to 2009
- Product and service innovation to bring differentiated offerings to our customers
- High quality, responsiveness to customers
- Treat employees as the valuable people they are and ensure they have all the resources and motivation to succeed with the business goals
- Software development
- Customer service
- Project Management
- Product Management
- Business Management and Leadership
West Virginia University
Master of Computer Science , Master of Computer Science
September 1993 - September 1993
Nelson Polytechnic NEW ZEALAND
Accounting , Accounting
August 1989 - August 1989
Washington State University
MBA and Science , MBA and Science
May 1988 - May 1988
Canterbury University, NZ
Business Management , Business Management
May 1984 - May 1984
Takapuna Grammar, NEW ZEALAND
November 1979 - November 1979
CEO and President
i - Rongo Medi - Soft Corporation , Lake Mary
January 2009 - October 2011
i-Rongo Medi-Soft produces software for doctors and patients that connect their health records.
The software is mobile and allows doctors and patients to update their medical records at the doctors' office; at work; at home; or, on the run.
Product Strategy / Development
Founder and President
Aotearoa International Corporation , Lake Mary
January 2007 - October 2011
Don, together with friends and family, founded Aotearoa (pronounced [ao?tea?roa] the accepted M?ori name for New Zealand where Don was born and raised).
Aoetaroa International Corp. provides consulting; web; and software application development services and products in healthcare, finance and Internet technology.
Sr. Director of Product Development
Time Warner Cable LLP with A/N Partners , Orlando
February 2004 - July 2009
Time Warner Cable (TWC) is a strategic partner with Bright House Networks (BHN) through our parent company, Advance/Newhouse Communications LLP.
As a result, I have dually listed TWC and BHN to indicate and manage the close working relationships we have with colleagues at TWC.
Product Development / Strategy
Sr. Director of New Business Ventures
Bright House Networks , Orlando
February 2004 - July 2009
- New product development
- Product management primary role with significant operations management
- Project and program management of multi-thousand task projects from concept to launch
- Operations management with call center and field operations
- Reporting to executive management for P&L of Voice Businesses and data and wireless
Sr. Product Manager
Convergys Corporation , Lake Mary
February 2002 - November 2003
Product Management responsible for product P&L and life-cycle management for following areas:
- Settlement or Partner Relationship Management
Provisioning emphasis for wireless, cable and wireline areas.
Billing partner management and Wi-Fi billing.
Director Product, Marketing and Bus. Dev.
Crescent Networks , Lowell
July 2000 - January 2002
Crecent Networks was a Venture Capital backed company developing leading-edge Virtual Routing computer networking technologies and Software for provisioning and network management.
Crescent raised over $100 M from over five VC firms.
Crescent Networks' target market was telecommunications wanting a new way of scaling routers to over 1,000 routers per device. The software management of provisioning such large scale routing (RIP, IS-IS, BGP, ... ) was its key differentiator of the hardware platform.
Product Development / Marketing
Director of Portfolio Management
Nortel Networks , Billerica
March 1997 - July 2000
Responsible for all provisioning product management for over $1 B in network and service management software for computer networking.
The portfolio managed included Optical, FR, ATM, IP, VPN and wired and wireless voice networking technologies.
Principal & Management Consultant; Trainer
September 1993 - March 1997
Provided software and computer networking consulting to telecommunications, finance and healthcare clients.
Provided training to customers and network engineers in C++ toolkits, network management and Internet networking.