CEO and Founder
October 2011 - March 2012
Bringing a proven business model to Brazil. Currently in stealthmode for launch early 2011.
COO and Co-founder
July 2008 - April 2011
Ezlearn is an education technology startup based in Rio de Janeiro with a big dream; to democratize access to high quality education in Brazil.
Ezlearn's adaptive online learning platform is based on the latest pedagogical research. The platform uses web 2.0 concepts to improve knowledge acquisition, usability and user motivation, in order to ensure that learning with Ezlearn is easy, fun and effective.
Ezlearn's first product is called Meuinglês. Meuinglês is an online learning system which helps Brazilians learn English, and is available for individuals, businesses and learning institutions. Students have access to 500+ hours of industry specific content and can interact freely with over 100,000 other students and teachers online.
Booz & Company
January 2008 - February 2008
See Senior Consultant role at Booz Allen Hamilton
October 2007 - January 2008
- Developed a regionally integrated Biofuels strategy for TechnoServe across Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador (in Spanish), quantifying the potential social and economic benefit that could be generated and raising over R$5M in funding to implement the strategy.
- Performed a detailed review of the regional biodiesel market, value chain in each country and different potential feedstock targets.
- Created a bottom-up cashflow model of productivity, costs, finance options, by country and by feedstock, and analyzed the break-even Biofuel price against crude oil under a number of scenarios.
Booz Allen Hamilton International
September 2005 - May 2008
Worked for energy, industrial, government and financial services clients across Europe and the Middle East on a number of projects including strategy development, supply chain management and due diligence.
Examples of assignments include:
Supported the Post-Merger Integration activities for an international Petrochemicals company
- Project managed the progress of the 90-day plan
- Performed a detailed assessment of the newly acquired assets, detailing the manufacturing & operational practices and identified improvement opportunities worth over £10m
Creating long term high profile strategy for a leading global oil major
- Designed and built a global demand scenario model to projecting products demand until 2020
- Integrated supply model in an LP model to analyze future global trade flows and evaluate attractiveness of key strategic investments in excess of $3bn