ACCA - UK
- August 2001
ICAP - Pakistan
BA - Accounting , BA - Accounting
- June 1997
Georgia Military College
- May 1994
BurJuman , Dubai
- January 2015
A dual mandate assigned by Al Ghurair to this newly create role for BurJuman, a multi-million dollar turnover and 400 employees organization. BurJuman is Dubai’s distinctive shopping landmark, comprising of 2.8 million square-feet of mixed-use space including the retail mall, luxury hotel, business tower and premium residences.
• Business Planning: Strategic forecasts arising from over 350 retailers, anchor stores, hypermarket, cinema, family entertainment centre and F&B units to BoD, financial institutions and Group Treasury.
• Budgeting & Reporting: Monitoring and creation of annual budget and forecast results on revenue share plus base rental agreements with leading GCC based retail groups.
• Operations Improvement: Instituted a new governance framework and oversight mechanisms on project budgeting, payments and accounting of a US$ 110m building construction venture.
• Debt Sourcing: Facilitated the re-structuring of existing and secured new debt of US$125m.
AG Telecom / Wasel Telecom , Dubai / Kabul
- January 2015
AG Telecom is a dedicated telecom holding company based in the UAE with its major subsidiary, Wasel Telecom, a growing voice and data national mobile operator in Afghanistan having over 350 employees.
• Operations Improvement: Cost optimization actions across major expense heads of the Afghan national telecom operator resulting in a 22% Opex reduction within 9 months.
• Equity Sourcing: Secured $6m venture capture financing to fund Wasel’s network expansion..
• Vendor Contracts: Negotiations and execution of a 2 year $3.5m equipment financing deal with global network vendors.
• Exit Strategy: Facilitated the design and execution of a workable exit strategy of Wasel from under the Al Ghurair Group leading to a successful management buyout.
• Business Planning: Prepared and presented detailed strategic business plans, investment memorandums, teasers and forecasts targeting to source over $30m in equity / debt for Wasel’s 3G nationwide rollout.