Teamwork and collaboration
General Ledger Accounting
Dependable, self-motivated and resourceful finance professional looking for a relevant opportunity.
My commitment to a long term accounting/finance career together with a disciplined approach, inquisitive nature, enthusiasm enables me to learn different skills and adapt them to increase my efficiency.
Accounting and Auditing , Accounting and Auditing
December 2012 - December 2012
University of Mumbai
Business Management , Business Management
January 2007 - January 2007
The Indian High School
June 2003 - June 2003
Drake and Scull International PJSC , Dubai
June 2012 - January 2012
Reporting to Treasury Director at Head office, key objectives of the role are:
Assist in managing, overseeing all operational needs within the treasury arm related to treasury reporting, bank facilities, project tender bonds etc.
Ensure organization's departments, divisions and subsidiaries have adequate cash flow, cordial relationships are maintained with industry financial institutions.
Consolidated treasury reporting and analysis
Debt syndication and arranging finance (bank facilities, guarantees, LC etc.)
Relationship management - internal and external with banking institutions
Assistant Manager - Finance and Compliance
MF Global Middle East , Dubai
November 2010 - October 2011
Main emphasis of the role was to provide leadership and direction by acting independently in the management of financial functions, compliance and AML policy for the local office.
I had multiple reporting lines, frequent communications with key personnel from various group offices in addition to being an active member of APAC compliance committee.
Financial accounting, MIS reporting and variance analysis
Regulatory compliance, Anti-Money Laundering (AML) tasks
KPMG Lower Gulf , Dubai
January 2007 - October 2009
Audit team member for client firms in the financial services sector. Main tasks performed, skills acquired as follows:
- Application and implementation of IFRS
- Preparation, analysis and interpretation of financial statements and its consolidation in accordance with IFRS
- Extensive experience in application of standard audit procedures in accordance with International Standards of Auditing (ISA)
- Assessment of an organization’s internal control environment, identification of weaknesses and provide recommendations, where required.
- Report writing skills.
- Independent planning and finalization of audits for small-sized entities
- Client relationship management.
Planning and conducting financial audits for entities
Documenting the result of audit work, including the design and implementation of controls
Preparation, analytical review and analysis of financial statements
Analyst : Insurance Underwriting
The Oriental Insurance Co. Ltd. , Dubayy
July 2006 - October 2006
I was employed as a temp staff and serviced two departments namely Marine underwriting, Motor, fire and miscellaneous underwriting.
Main tasks performed as follows:
- Data entry, issuance, scrutiny and dispatch and filing of motor, fire, burglary and miscellaneous policies, certificates and endorsements
- Liaising with banks on letter of credits obtained for various marine insurance policies
- Building and maintaining of client relations by ensuring insurance policies are issued within the allocated time frame; understanding of client requirements through frequent communications
- Assisting the main associates with overall department work
- Other Motor and marine/miscellaneous group work/tasks.
Works on policies, certificates and endorsements
Coordination with banks on LC matters
Client relationship mangement