Communications professional with 16 years of expertise in research, writing, editing, and design for technical, financial, and publishing industries. Efficiently integrates the creative, technical, and administrative aspects of generating well-written publications, web sites, and marketing materials. Possesses superior research capability; absorbs and assimilates information quickly and effectively. Proven ability to meet and exceed high standards and accelerated deadlines.
Professional Screenwriting , Professional Screenwriting
July 2013 - July 2013
University of Colorado
Humanities , Humanities
May 1993 - May 1993
Senior Technical Writer
McKesson Provider Technologies , Westminster, Colorado
April 2003 - January 2014
Wrote and edited technical reference manuals and installation instructions. Composed HTML and WebHelp help files. Managed release documentation library publishing process.
● Mentored team as an expert tool user.
● Created and maintained customer feedback solutions.
● Championed, implemented, and maintained new wiki-based collaboration solution that streamlined dozens of development and services knowledge silos.
Process and Tools Advising
Technical Marketing Writer
Configuresoft, Inc. , Woodland Park, Colorado
January 2002 - October 2002
Created and edited marketing materials including collateral, user stories, white papers, and competitive analyses. Designed and produced print media advertisements and tradeshow signage.
● Completely renovated corporate web site content and structure.
● Assumed the duties of two previous employees.
● Coordinated with sales staff to ensure timely production of needed materials.
CARL Corporation , Denver, Colorado
October 1998 - January 2001
Wrote and edited user manuals, troubleshooting guides, and installation instructions. Composed Windows and HTML help files. Created new desktop publishing templates for handbooks.
● Created a documentation style guide used by the entire corporation.
● Quickly mastered new software, eliminating the company's need for an additional $30 per hour contract position.
Sybex Books , Alameda, California
October 1997 - September 1998
Coordinated editing and production cycles for multiple computer books at once. Performed highly detailed copyedits under tight deadlines.
Investor Communications Specialist
Janus Funds , Denver, Colorado
May 1995 - September 1997
Researched, wrote, and edited customer/business correspondence; ensured that each letter was accurate and appropriate. Developed department-specific new hire training materials.
● Created the company's first e-business correspondence standards.
● Improved accuracy and authenticity of response letters.