Supplier Management ~ Contract Negotiations ~ Purchasing ~ New Business Acquisition
Dedicated, results-focused professional with a track record of success in leading government and commercial procurement initiatives. Specialized expertise in the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation (DFAR) environment; Top Secret Clearance granted in 2005.
San Jose State University
Business Administration , Business Administration
June 1986 - June 1986
The Boeing Company , Annapolis Junction, MD
July 2011 - November 2012
Complex contractual negotiations, corporate operations, & risk management
• Committed company resources through contracts and agreements for the procurement of Subcontract Labor Contracts and Material.
• Integrated activities with internal and external customers and suppliers to fulfill contract requirements and reconcile contract issues. Strong knowledge of contractual requirements.
• Developed, lead and documented negotiation strategy and results based upon proposal analysis.
• Awarded and managed (FY 2012) $13.5M in labor contract (long term agreements) with a total spend of $8M (invoiced and paid); awarded and managed $6.2M in commercial off the shelf items mostly computers(servers), computer hardware, peripherals, COTS software and proprietary software.
• Negotiated savings $780k (~4%) through proposal analysis and by forging relationships with key corporate vendor accounts .
US Army Medical Command , Ft Detrick, Frederick, MD
July 2010 - June 2011
Oversee contract closeouts in accordance with FAR Subpart 4.8 for US Army Medical Research Acquisition Activities. Provide support to PR Central and Government Purchase Card (GPC). Complete DAU coursework, including CON100, Con110, CON111 and CON112. Collaborate with team members on various process improvement initiatives.
• Championed SBIR (Small Business Innovation Research) program in key administrator role.
• Achieved Yellow Belt certification in Lean Six Sigma.
JBH Consulting , Summerfield, NC
August 2007 - June 2010
President - Leveraged extensive business experience in contract negotiations, procurement and government regulations, among other expertise, in providing Landman support to the Oil and Gas industry in the Marcellus Shale. Advised clients, including Chesapeake Energy and EQT Corporation on Courthouse Research, Lease Takeoff Reports, Mineral Ownership Reports, Deep Title, Landowner Lease Calls and Lease Preparation.
SRI International , Menlo Park, CA
January 2004 - August 2007
Directed procurement initiatives for a variety of departments within non-profit research institute providing client-sponsored research and development programs for government agencies, corporations, foundations and other organizations. Ensured compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulations in all interactions with vendors and suppliers. Orchestrated all aspects of supplier relationship from proposal solicitation and bidder selection to contract negotiation and supplier performance reviews. Capitalized on opportunities for improvement to generate cost savings.
• Achieved superior results, generating top order volume and total dollars spent out of 20 producers; secured over 300 purchase orders totaling $8.6 million with over 190 vendors.
• Drove over $300,000 in annual cost savings through proposal analysis and by forging relationships with key corporate vendor accounts .
Hewlett Packard , Cupertino, CA
Commodity Manager – Network Server Division (2000 – 2002)
Commodity Manager – Mobile Computer Division (1999 – 2000)
Led all aspects of Asian contract manufacturer operations for new business production model of network servers, including but not limited to contract review, operational expectations, quote negotiations, variance analysis, planning and forecasting, sourcing, order management, quality reviews and supply chain management. Aligned commodity strategies with business imperatives. Ensured timely delivery of new development items through effective negotiations with suppliers.
Supply Chain Optimization