I am a web designer, front-end developer and photographer living in Dickinson, Texas. I’m passionate about what I do, with a variety of skills and experience, a double helping of humor, and a can-do, will-do attitude. I take great pride in my work, with an unmatched attention to detail and a determination to deliver above and beyond the requirements of the job.
I have experience with forum administration and community management (having managed the largest online community for lucid dreamers in existence today), event photography, and even outdoors team-building courses with corporate and educational groups. Did I mention that I'm a whiz in Photoshop, pretty handy with A/V, and a hobby writer? Bottom line is, you want a guy like me on your team.
May 2008 - May 2008
DKB & Company , LaGrange, GA
July 2011 - October 2011
Web site design and development consulting, developing and applying social media strategy, and basic website maintenance on a subcontract basis.
Pineland Outfitters of Idaho, LLC , Yellow Pine, ID
May 2009 - July 2011
Development and application of social media strategy, basic website maintenance, and analytics on a subcontract basis.
Webmaster, Social Media Director, and Photographer
Pine Mountain Adventures , LaGrange, GA
August 2008 - October 2010
Designed, maintained and updated company website, established and managed social media profiles, and served as chief event photographer for small outfitting company.
• Personally responsible for 30% increase in internet leads.
• Redesigned company website to improve load times, user friendliness, and browser compatibility.
• Revamped company logo, unifying design with print materials.
• Established social media presence and recognition.
• Increased internet conversion rates through improving quality of photography in online gallery.
July 2008 - May 2010
Acted as part of a three-member team administrating an online community of over 20,000 members, managing a team of 16-18 staff members. Led community relations, established and enforced site policies and procedures, making extensive use of vBulletin software.
• Introduced time-saving procedures that greatly increased team productivity.
• Rewrote the moderator handbook to enhance clarity and provide better resources for the moderator team.
• Designed, coded and wrote for community newsletter in HTML format.
• Credited with drastically improving community-staff relations.
June 2008 - October 2011
Co-created small community site based on IPB3.0 forum software. Provided administrative support and community management for the forum, as well as maintaining hosting details, HTML pages, and IRC nodes.