I am a multimedia and software development professional with over two decades of experience in producing interactive edutainment, 2D/3D simulations, serious games, eLearning and Net-based user experiences. I have a proven record of accomplishment managing the delivery of profitable, high quality products and creating lasting client relationships. I enjoy sharing my experience with others through example and leadership.
NC State University
Industrial Design , Industrial Design
December 1988 - December 1988
Senior Manager, Learning Technology
Ingersoll Rand , Davidson
February 2010 - October 2011
• Key role in the annual Ingersoll Rand University strategic planning and needs assessment process to identify opportunities for learning technology solutions to drive the business forward.
• Provide leadership for the design, development and implementation of learning technology solutions for Ingersoll Rand University’s curriculum delivery, job performance tools, social learning, and knowledge management
• Develop and administer measurement tools, including business impact and ROI, to improve the effectiveness of the Ingersoll Rand University learning technology solutions
• Ensure learning solutions are aligned and integrated with Ingersoll Rand’s enterprise-wide talent management processes and systems
• Manage a network of external suppliers including consultants, vendors, educational institutions and professionals providing learning technology services and products
• Lead and manage an internal IRU team of learning technologists
Manager, Advanced Learning Technology
Raytheon Professional Services , Troy
January 2006 - February 2010
• Proposal development for several major multi-year enterprise solution contract awards.
• Strategic planning and advanced learning solution design.
• Creation of whitepapers on advanced learning technologies including Serious Games.
• Development of immersive learning solutions.
• Project management of blended learning solution design and development.
• Design and implementation of cost effective translation systems for global training deployment resulting in efficient translation of training content in up to 71 languages.
Learning Solutions Architect
Productivity Point International , Raleigh
January 2005 - January 2006
• Development of training solutions for Fortune 100 and 500 companies
• Implementation of a standard methodology for analyzing learning opportunities for maximum use of company resources
• Establishment of a knowledge repository for the sales team to draw from providing a consistent sales message
• Establishment of improved sales and development communications processes
Senior Multimedia Consultant
William Bell Five, Inc. , Raleigh
September 2001 - August 2006
• Owner/Lead Consultant
• Acquisition, adaptation and re-branding of former NxView Technologies core SDK.
• Developed 3D simulations of the Backhoe and Skid Steer Loader for Caterpillar, Inc.
• Developed eLearning application for Prudential Securities.
• Developed a collaborative 3D sales presentation and training application for Powerware, Inc.
• Developed the MEWSS-PIP CBT for Lockheed Martin.
• Developed the Adobe Director IMS CharacterGenerator Studio line of tool products for Interactive Multimedia Services Inc.
• Developed an FDA certified, secure multimedia slide presentation tool for Presentation Strategies, Inc.
NxView Technologies , Raleigh
October 1999 - September 2001
Director of Business Applications
Virtus , Raleigh
April 1997 - October 1999
Director of Development
TMS Interactive , Raleigh
January 1993 - April 1997
Textile Clothing/Technology Corporation , Raleigh
October 1989 - January 1993