Product Development &Technical Mentoring
Process Reengineering &Customer Relation
Team Building and Leadership
University of Texas at Arlingt
Electrical Engineering , Electrical Engineering
- December 1999
Electronics & Instrumentation , Electronics & Instrumentation
- June 1998
Director of Engineering
MobileIron , Hyderabad
- January 2015
Recruited to strategize and lead the expansion of India development center. Defined and executed business strategies to transform the India development center into a key integral part which now plays a critical role in the success of the overall organization.
• Provided leadership and direction both at the business and technical levels to ensure that the various functions and processes are in place to recruit and retain top talent, to ensure that the product development follows the best practices and adheres to organizational quality standards and to ensure that the center provides appropriate level of production support during product rollouts and deployments.
• Provided business leadership and interfaced with both internal and external stakeholders spread across geographies to provide for seamless business operations of the India center while delivering on business commitments
Ivy Comptech , Hyderabad
- July 2012
Recruited by Program Management Office, to streamline B2B operations in order to, enable the delivery team to effectively cater to various existing and future business contracts, with gaming authorities of various European governments. Demonstrated a strong overall executive presence with capacity to communicate and negotiate effectively at all levels within the organization.
• Partnered with executive and IT leadership to develop/commit resources, communicate global objectives and produce standards and procedures.
• Improved business stakeholder relations, with increased accuracy and time savings, by developing technology forecasting and prioritization strategy in conjunction with users.
• Collaborated on financial and operational audits of technology assets with emphasis on strengthening quality, reliability and scalability of the systems.
Cura Software , Hyderabad
- June 2010
Recruited to setup a development team in India that can help in creation of next generation product catering to the, Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) domain. Key responsibilities included providing Internet-focused strategy expertise, research services, customer service and technology consulting.
• Built a robust technology organization from start-up
• Acquired, implemented and customized systems, software and applications to meet a broad cross-section of business, financial, engineering and organizational requirements.
• Created best-in-class IT business unit with minimal staff and budget requirements..
• Lead development of all operational support programs and processes, which contributed to securing long term business, optimizing levels of productivity and sustaining overall project success.
• Spearheaded design, development and delivery of Internal Audit engine for the current product, implementing project of $100,000 under budget.
Amazon , Hyderabad
- September 2009
Recruited to establish strategic and tactical Information Technology Infrastructure. Defined and executed IT strategies and objectives to maximize short term impact utilizing existing systems and position system for scalability. Designed and implemented multiple customer applications with interface to WebServices, ODBC, including executive information system to enhance legacy Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System.
• Established the Frontline Support team to enable faster resolution of application issues, perform root cause analysis and streamline
• Adopted Agile development methodologies
• Lead the Kaizen Program to integrate Lean principles with Software Development Practices
• Introduced Test Driven Development and Continuous Build Systems to improve the quality of the products
• Set up of quality processes, test case templates, sign off procedures and reporting mechanisms to streamline measurement and reporting of application/product quality
Trilogy , Bangalore
- June 2007
Charged with delivering cutting-edge bill of material solutions by building and customizing software (Client/server, J2EE, Oracle, Weblogic). Led internal personnel and vendor teams (upto 50 people) to deliver releases on time/budget using structured project management techniques. Project budgets range to $5 million, 3-18 months in duration.
• Tasked with rescuing series of releases that were crises-driven and stabilize the process. Delivered 3 subsequent releases using formal development methodology, implemented vendor management processes that reduced personnel acquisition from 2 weeks to 5 days, and yielded a 25% improvement on product quality.
• Charged with managing transition from department’s homegrown development methodology to the new corporate methodology. Built consensus among key thought leaders, developed transition plan and developed/delivered training classes.
IT Development Manager
T-Mobile , Dallas, USA
- May 2006
Brought on-board to consolidate and streamline business practices following the merger of Mobilestar with T-Mobile in 2002. Managed multiple projects for HotSpot (Wireless Internet) division from concept to launch. Established best-practices for software development projects at organizational level. Experimented with extreme program methodology that allowed for quicker delivery and higher quality product.
• Development Manager/Technical Architect tasked with the strategic planning, development, and adoption of knowledge management systems that foster an efficient knowledge driven workforce through the use of content management, portals, and collaborative tools. In charge of architecting and approving application infrastructure design, conducting code reviews, and aligning technical efforts.
• Recipient of Top Performance award 2005.
AT&T , Dallas, USA
- September 2002
Initially hired as a Senior developer to lead development projects, then as a project lead for product development. Responsibilities included strategic product and technology planning, design and implementation of an in-house retail store product and web application development framework, project management and team leader and mentoring junior staff.
• Responsible for implementing front end UI using Java Swing components and Applet technology.
• Design and develop backend server components in Java to integrate with the legacy systems.
• Designed and coded system for optimum maintenance and extendability, using MVC and other software architectural patterns.