Director of Learning
Center for Nonprofit Excellence
August 2009 - November 2012
January 2007 - November 2012
• Consult, partner and coach people on leadership, strategic initiatives and management.
• Design and facilitate key workshops, seminars and other learning modules to support organizations human capital and business objectives.
• Led and facilitated inquiry processes to clarify current reality, mission and vision.
• Provide organizational development and training services to clients with an emphasis on operational business process optimization, functional capability growth/refinement, group facilitation, team building, issue identification and resolution, mission/vision/team/ task alignment.
Director of New Play Development
Actors Theatre of Louisville
January 2005 - January 2007
• Managed and led the daily operations of the literary department.
• Oversaw the department’s contribution to strategic planning, budgeting, communications, community engagement, audience development, marketing, and fundraising.
• Wrote and edited promotional and educational materials for public use to increase learning inside and outside the organization.
Director of New Project Development
Seattle Repertory Theatre
January 2001 - January 2004
• Aided in the re-development and re-envisioning of the literary department as a diverse and inclusive environment characterized by innovation, teamwork, collaboration and personal responsibility.
• Created the highly successful Hot Type festival dedicated to showcasing, supporting, nurturing talent at various stages in their development.
• Encouraged and modeled knowledge sharing and learning between the organization, its clients and customers, which led to more effective communication and increased productivity.
The Public Theater
January 1996 - January 2001
• Created and managed lean department work practices in support of more efficient and productive outcomes.
• Collaborated with the artistic and senior staff in formulating policies and long range plans to meet organization’s objectives.
• Created, discovered, researched and evaluated programming ideas for the organization.
• Educated the public and staff concerning the artistic objectives and accomplishments of the organizations.