I am a consumer software marketing executive with 13 years' experience driving new product launches and revenue-producing campaigns for fast-growing companies and companies that want to grow fast.
University of Portland
Finance , Finance
May 1992 - May 1992
McMinnville High School
May 1988 - May 1988
Independent Marketing Consultant
Untitled Industries , Portland, OR
April 2012 - August 2012
Independent marketing consultant assisting a variety of clients with marketing services, including:
• Sales & marketing plans to enter new markets
• Product positioning and value statements
• Press meeting preparation
• Product imagery selection
• Campaign landing page design
• Front-end WordPress setup and implementation
• Online marketing, SEO and direct sales consultation
• B2B new product announcement
• Photo workshop marketing collateral review
VP of Marketing
onOne Software , Portland, OR
June 2005 - March 2012
Directed strategic planning, budgeting, product roadmap, product marketing, web development and direct ecommerce to propel 26 new product launches and four major web sites. Sourced and built relationships with external public relations, graphic design and web development firms to execute projects. Hired, led and managed a team of six, and reported to the CEO. Managed a seven figure marketing budget.
Director of Marketing
You Software , Portland, OR
December 2003 - June 2005
Managed product marketing and product management including product definition and positioning, go-to-market strategy and launch plans. Oversaw the company’s web site development and all associated graphics for both print and online use, produced by an external design agency.
• Grew prospect list from 1,000 to 30,000+ by deploying an email-marketing platform used to track and convert leads and enhance communication with existing customers. Resulted in a customer base of 15,000.
• Increased revenue by 8% by developing pricing model, promotional strategies and direct marketing campaigns.
• Awarded Best of Show at MacWorld (2004) for outstanding product demonstration and presentation.
Product Marketing Manager
Extensis , Portland, OR
October 1999 - December 2003
As program manager, liaised between engineering and marketing, taking product requirements and writing functional specifications. Promoted to product marketing manager to uncover product priorities through comprehensive customer research. Interfaced with executive team, created product specifications and provided cross-functional management to develop and deliver three new products within a 9-12 month cycle.
• Helped grow the Suitcase Font Manager line—a product that accounted for 65% of the company’s total revenue.
• Achieved three new product launches within strict timeframes and budgets by prioritizing and managing critical engineering and quality assurance tasks.
Footwear Development Manager
Nike , Beaverton, OR
March 1995 - October 1999
Worked closely with marketing, design, development and production teams in multicultural, international environments to ensure the successful development and manufacturing of strategic products. Collaborated with forecasting to manage footwear inventory levels in domestic distribution centers.
Footwear Development Manager, Bangkok, Thailand (1998-1999)
Footwear Production Manager, Jakarta, Indonesia (1996-1998)
Inventory Control Analyst (1995-1996)
• Slashed costs, improved quality and met production demands for seven factories by reducing packaging and labeling suppliers from six to two.
• Optimized efficiency and cost effectiveness by introducing a shortcut design development process, reducing designs from four to two iterations.
Municipal Finance Analyst
March 1991 - March 1995
• Worked on structuring debt plans for local governments in the State of Oregon.
• Participated in a variety of debt plans including General Obligation Bonds, Tax & Revenue Anticipation Notes and Bond Refunds that totaled more than $500,000,000.
• Researched municipalities, compiled data and wrote prospectus for investors and sales team.
• Presented financing options and plans to local municipalities.