University of Tennessee
August 2012 - September 2012
Photographing numerous events for the Office of Communications and Marketing on a freelance/contract basis.
• Photographing student and multicultural affairs events
• Coordinating shoots and photography goals with the Office of Communications and Marketing
• Compiling and submitting billing for each shoot
May 2012 - June 2012
November 2012 Issue – NFL Photo Shoot with Kevin Boothe (NY Giants)
Organized all elements of this photo shoot in collaboration with the photographer and photo editor, including: securing location, hired models and crew, organized transportation, catering, photography rental equipment, contracts, and site management
Created estimates and submitted billing.
Chris Buck, Inc.
February 2012 - June 2012
10 week, full time photography internship with celebrity editorial and advertising portrait photographer Chris Buck.
• Assisted on photo shoots for Newsweek and Fast Company magazines, and brainstormed concept ideas for Seth MacFarlane Wired magazine shoot
• Scanned and retouched promotional images for photographer
• Post production of images including preparing for print using Capture One, Photoshop, and ftp uploading software
Personal + Office Assistance
Assisting on Photo Shoots
Stacey Haines Photography
October 2011 - December 2011
Photographic Assistant Intern for Stacey Haines, an international LIfestyle, Travel and Food photographer.
• 1st Assistant on a travel story in The Bahamas at Harbour Island for a major Canadian shelter magazine
• 1st and 2nd Assistant on several on-location and studio shoots for product and fashion projects
• Promotional and Marketing assistance for branding and website re-launch
• Post production of images including preparing for print using Capture One, Photoshop and ftp uploading software
• Prop Styling for fashion shoots
• Managing, packing and cleaning photography equipment
• Archiving, Keywording and Copyright registration for a library of 40,000 images using Capture One and Media Pro
Styling + Photo Assisting
Event Planner Associate
The Catering Company of Chapel Hill
September 2008 - January 2011
Assisted business owners and event planners with outstanding client interaction, event scheduling, responding to client inquiries about services and monitoring client contact. Planned small events, coordinated event details with chefs and outside vendors, created proposal estimates for clients, effectively communicated important details, and managed event calendar.
Teacher Support Advisor
December 2005 - September 2008
Provided support to candidates and current educators to ensure a smooth transition and assimilation to the US. Conducted phone interviews, organized international interview trips, authored and presented new teacher orientations and represented teacher support at educator events. Maintained confidential database records, and communicated sensitive information. Collected Admissions documents for each teacher applicant and worked closely with Admissions department to ensure good communication with applicant throughout the process.
Retail Store Manager
January 2004 - January 2005
Managed a locally-owned boutique in Iowa City, IA, catering to a large, savvy university clientele.
• Supervised 5 part-time employees
• Oversaw daily operations and store redesign, marketing/pr and customer service.
• Traveled to New York on buying trips for inventory
• Built and maintained relationships with vendors and represented the store owner at retail shows.
• Increased efficiency of daily operations and improved communication techniques between the owner and employees.
Managed Part-Time Employees
January 2003 - July 2003
Assisted C.E.O. and Marketing Directors in business improvement, downtown appearance and design, communications and public relations, downtown event planning and promotions. Provided clerical and support duties relating to the development, execution, promotion and documentation of downtown activities.
January 2001 - January 2002
Assisted high-profile financial executives and managing directors for esteemed financial institutions throughout Manhattan on a temporary basis. Maintained schedules, organized travel and meetings, reception of clients, and office management.
Travel + Meeting Planning
January 2000 - January 2001
Assisted the Head of Film Acquisitions and Production in acquiring independent films for theatrical, DVD/VHS licensing and distribution and acquisition of DV shorts for streaming on Palm Pictures' affiliate website, sputnik7.com. Assisted in developing and maintaining filmmaker and studio relationships.
Assisted in production of We Deliver web series, one of the first ever multi-episode original content created specifically for streaming over the internet. Starring Rosie Perez, Created by Seth Zvi Rosenfeld and Geebee Dajani.
Office Manager & Receptionist
October 1999 - January 2000
Managed office operations and reception, arranged meeting schedules for company executives, assisted in HR matters and oversaw a major office relocation. Implemented an employee survey program, and authored an intra-office newsletter.
In 2000, Promoted to Assistant to the Head of Film Acquisitions and Production for Sputnik7's sister company, Palm Pictures.