Former literary-brat turned digital guru - I love everything that involves metrics: from building online communities to analyzing marketing strategies.
Chief Digital Strategist
RLM PR , New York, NY
July 2012 - November 2012
Hired to build RLM PR’s “Digital Practice” that delivers marketing strategy by providing strategic recommendations based on understanding of key market trends and insight into target audience behaviors and attitudes (vertical marketing) through insights obtained into target audience behaviors and attitudes by leveraging analytics, market research, first-person interviews and social ‘listening.’
Context Media Group
November 2011 - November 2012
Strategic and Digital Strategy Consulting - including:
- Business Plan & Marketing strategy development, web site UI, develop digital strategy, streamline workflow, manage launch products, building digital communities.
Tinderbox Books, LLC
January 2008 - January 2011
- Launched company and built team; collaborated with staff on development of new ideas for books and/or series.
- Selected high-potential ideas. developed concepts into full proposals, and engaged writers/authors to complete the books once the plotting series, initial synopses, and character briefs were outlined.
- Key member of the team which conceived, developed, and sold the proposal for FALLEN (by Lauren Kate), a series of young adult novels; the 1st book in the series was published 12/09 by Random House, was a New York Times Bestseller (Top 5) for more than a year, and has been optioned for film by Disney.
- Sourced potential authors/agents, pitched ideas, collected sample material and negotiated agreements with writer's agent.
Founder / Principal
January 2005 - January 2009
- Established literary agency specializing in children's and women's fiction. Opened office within 24 hours with website developed and launched within 12 hours; built base of 80+ clients. Worked with best-selling and award-winning authors.
Cornier & Associates, LLC
January 2002 - January 2005
- Founded "public relations" clearing house for small businesses and creative individuals.
- Developed new business, managed projects, and directed group of freelancers.
- Edited e-books, wrote newsletters, developed web-based marketing campaigns.
- Signed 6-month contract with Lehigh University as personal assistant to the Dean; streamlined, centralized, and improved the tenure process by creating a database with alerts and checklists.
Digital Analyst - Gamification, UI/UX Specialist
State Farm , Bloomington, IL