An energetic leader with a proven record of innovative ideas and accomplishments.
• Marketing and branding experience in both corporate and non-profit environments.
• Ability to skillfully lead and inspire others and work as part of a team.
• Commitment to Jewish community organizing and to non-profit organizations.
Barnard College, Columbia Univ
Economics , Economics
May 2006 - May 2006
Stella Abraham HS
June 2001 - June 2001
Assoc. Director of Marketing & Communications
The Jewish Education Project
October 2010 - October 2011
• Creating and implementing brand launch strategy to successfully announce new name and mission of organization to various stakeholders, including donors, educators and community members.
• Embedding new brand, design and message internally amongst Board of Directors and staff.
• Developed design and wrote content for first phase of new website, launched to 6000 people.
• Manage social media presence for organization.
• Devise targeted communications plan for multiple audiences.
Mount Sinai Jewish Center
July 2010 - June 2011
• 2010 Journal Dinner Guest of Honor
• Developed organization Mission Statement to be presented to Board and 500+ person membership.
• Manage all organization committees and implement procedural improvements for committee functioning.
• Devise solutions to organization problems such as fundraising and membership, including a reinvented Fall Membership Drive leading to a 20% increase in membership representing $13,000 in renewable revenue.
• Manage $300,000 operating budget as member of Finance Committee.
• Interviewed Executive Director candidates as a member of the Hiring Committee and co-manage all organization personnel, including Executive Director, Office Assistant, Bookkeeper and Custodian.
Solve Organizational Problems
Fundraising and Membership
Marketing Specialist, Psych and Ed
McGraw-Hill Higher Education
October 2007 - November 2010
• Created sales strategy and tactical marketing calendar for print and digital products in key markets such as Introductory Psychology and Child Development
• Utilized social media to support brand message and to engage customer base in product development.
• Improved team efficiency by identifying and implementing numerous process improvements, including better methods for tracking campaign results.
• Analyzed competitive markets, tracked campaign progress and evaluated campaign results.
• Interviewed, trained and managed new employees and interns.
• Collaborated with team in marketing efforts for over 70 titles, totaling over $40 million of annual revenue, including the title winners of the business unit 2007 Revision of the Year, 2007 Launch of the Year, 2008 Campaign of the Year, 2009 Product Team of the Year, and 2009 Corporate Achievement Award.
• Participated in year-long Peer Mentoring program and lead several career development sessions.
Sales and Marketing Strategy
Campaign Planning, Implementation
Events Committee Co-Chair
Mt Sinai Jewish Center
September 2007 - December 2010
• Implemented “My Mt. Sinai” Campaign that successfully strengthened synagogue brand value and increased membership.
• Spearheaded and co-chaired first three inaugural synagogue fundraisers for young professionals, successfully cultivating an atmosphere of giving; led team of 35 volunteers, raising 200% of the event goal at each fundraiser (for a total of $28,000 profit over 3 years).
• Successfully plan and promote dozens of events reaching thousands of people via print and online forums, including Facebook, message boards, email, internal and external websites.
• Inspire donations from young professionals by implementing ongoing fundraising projects.
• Mentor volunteers towards successful event and program planning and execution.
Marketing Coordinator, Psychology, Ed
September 2006 - September 2007
• Developed and executed dynamic email marketing and development campaigns.
• Created marketing and promotional material for internal and external audiences.
• Effectively coordinated efforts among numerous internal departments and outside vendors on a variety of tasks including design work and web-related projects.
• Received promotion due to stellar “Breakthrough Performance”.
January 2006 - January 2006
Tourism Marketing and Communications Intern
January 2006 - January 2006
Public Relations and Events Intern
January 2005 - January 2005