Dynamic, high-energy problem solver seeking an opportunity to deliver tangible, profitable solutions.
University of Kentucky
History , History
May 2006 - May 2006
Director of Sales & Marketing
Legacy Financial , Lexington
October 2008 - September 2011
Senior executive for $12 million+ provider of online financial & membership management services for member-based organizations. Responsible for sales & marketing Practices, strategy, materials, contracts, client prospecting, and team management from initial launch date.
• Obtained no. 2 marketshare in collegiate organizations in just under 24 months after company founding.
• Managed national marketing campaign focusing on brand identity and viral inter-market scalability.
• Doubled net profit every two quarters from q2, 2009 to q3, 2011.
Recruitment Manager / Expansion Specialist
Kappa Sigma Fraternity , Charlottesville, VA
April 2007 - April 2010
Hired for a two-year term, then asked to serve an additional year after unprecedented success in new chapter expansion & existing chapter development (same store sales) for international non-profit. Responsible for membership training in effective recruiting practices, reputation management, & leadership, as well as new member recruitment.
• Average organization size grew from 45 to over 60 members per chapter.
• Reduced chapter closings from 11 (2005-2007) to 7 (2007-2011).
• Led a 5 member team in highest-priority expansion efforts, setting several records in recruitment and retention.
• Created model for high-level expansion currently being used by Kappa Sigma Fraternity.
Office Manager, Personal Property Appraiser
Thompson & Riley, Ltd. , Lexington, KY
January 2003 - April 2007
Primary responsibilities included the organization and management of office staff and contractors, public relations, and advertising of all auction and real estate business. Designed a proprietary software package to maximize organization, information management & distribution, and increase employee efficiency, resulting in:
Average auction preparation time was reduced from 10 to 5 business days.
• Payroll cut by approximately one third.
• Virtual elimination of loss due to accounting errors.
• Significant increase in in-attendance revenue due to automated web-based advertising.