Technical Development - 20 Years
Customer Facing - 15 Years
Program Management - 10 Years
Hardware Development - 5 Years
June 1992 - June 1992
Senior Product Marketing Manager
April 2011 - June 2012
Senior Global Account Director
May 2007 - April 2011
Managed client services and R&D account team supporting and developing multimillion-dollar global accounts for Marketing Services cloud-based platform. Defined delivery team structure, utilization model, and key performance indicators; established consulting and account management best practices. Coordinated complex technical integration projects, serving as liaison between clients, vendors, and R&D teams; gathered, documented, and communicated functional, usability, reliability, and performance requirements. Prepared and negotiate dStatements of Work (SOWs); create purchase orders and oversaw invoicing and project costs.
Program Manager - R&D
June 2006 - June 2007
Earned multiple promotions to lead development of Current Project Engineering structure, governance, and processing for new digital printing technology product in close collaboration with technical marketing, marketing, R&D, and sales & service. Interfaced with multiple R&D labs and business units with 500+ employees. Defined business priorities and advised senior leadership on strategic direction.
December 2005 - June 2006
Collaborated with HP’s internal Labs and partners to choose optimal strategies and solutions for the Client’s complex digital printing workflows. Extensive Client facing responsibilities included presentations, demonstrations, and workflow analysis. Extensive travel as a key member of the sales engagement team.
• Focused on customer account success by delivering individualized end-to-end solutions aligned with the customer’s business goals and priorities.
• Operationalized program objectives including scope, schedule, resources, and overall delivery plan.
• Responsible for quotas involving multi-million dollar sales contracts designed to grow Digital Printing Systems revenue to $228M for FY2006.
Enterprise Software Solutions Consultant
September 2001 - December 2005
Provided architectural and technical consulting expertise to customers on complex digital publishing solutions in retail, financial, and consumer products verticals over the full engagement lifecycle, from pre-sales to deployment. Using both HP and partner solutions, enabled client’s marketing departments to improve their focused marketing activities while streamlining their budgets.
• Employed consultative selling techniques in order to identify critical customer business and technical requirements.
• Project managed the technical implementation of a technically complex multi-national solution for Subway (Doctor’s Inc)
• Created a framework for customer account management by contributing to and owning statements of work, project plans, design and deployment schedules, as well as support and training documentation.
Web Solutions Design Engineer
November 1998 - September 2001
Designed the customer experience for web based software applications. Translated customer needs into functional requirements and applicable use cases in order to direct development teams as the customer to lab liaison. Introduced new customer needs analysis methods designed to improve time to market and the customer’s experience.
• Managed a use case development team that drove system level functional requirements and interface design between the US and EMEA Labs.
• Responsible for planning, conducting and analyzing multiple customer facing user interface requirements gathering sessions.
• Led a cross-functional team that researched how customers would buy print via the web. This included team formation, milestone scheduling, customer requirements collection and dissimilation, leading regular team meetings, and management presentations.
Software Technical Marketing Engineer
November 1997 - November 1998
Advocated for the customer by building and utilizing relationships with Technical Marketing, Software and Hardware R&D Labs, and world-wide support centers.
• Spearheaded and delivered new product introduction warranty and training programs that significantly increased overall customer satisfaction while saving HP over 3 million dollars.
• Delivered hands-on software and hardware training world-wide, as well as organizing presentations and trainings to be delivered by other subject experts.
• Contributed to critical software and firmware defect review meetings as the customer support liaison to R&D. Using Customer Loyalty Metrics as a guide, was instrumental in making product release decisions based on the potential impact on the customer and cost to HP.
Hardware R&D Mechanical Engineer
July 1992 - November 1997
Responsible for sub-system design and transitioning the product into manufacturing in the US, Spain and Singapore. Lived and worked in Spain while assisting in the development of new manufacturing lines/shifts for the new the Barcelona based manufacturing site.
• Completed various sub-system designs on ground breaking inkjet technology earning 9 patents.
• Partnered with procurement, material scientists and manufacturing to introduce new materials and processes. This included design for manufacturing techniques, materials selection and related design techniques in order to hold tighter tolerance in order to increase production capacity from 30k printers per month to over 700k in one year.
• Extensive work designing user replaceable subsystems by partnering with Human Factors Engineer's to set up focus groups and analyze customer data.