Rahul Rani (RVN) is a brand strategist specializing in digital media. His clients include various start-ups seeking brand activation and an effective social media strategy. His experience includes Key Account Management and Project Management in an automotive B2B environment. A student of Schulich School of Business MBA program, he is involved with the school and is the Director of Marketing for the NonProfit Management Association, and the Director of Events for the Case Analysis Club. He also sits on the Board of Directors for a Not-for profit organization called ‘Danceworks’ currently working on their strategy map. He is also involved with the global Social Media Week as a Venue Manager for Toronto. He is a part time photographer and a full time coffee addict.
Schulich School of Business
MBA , MBA
June 2012 - June 2012
Mechanical Engineering , Mechanical Engineering
September 2007 - September 2007
Social Media Week Toronto 2012 , Toronto
January 2012 - March 2012
Canadian Business Strategy Association , Toronto
August 2011 - February 2012
Marketing, Strategy & Operations Director
Beach Depot , Wasaga
June 2011 - August 2011
• Re-merchandising, marketing and store expansion - grew the business to sales exceeding $98K within three months under my leadership.
• Forecasted inventory requirements for the upcoming season based on consumer behavior, previous year’s sales, researching future summer trends and meeting with suppliers.
• Responsible for sales, marketing, store-layout, training and accounting.
Director Marketing and Communication
Schulich Nonprofit Management Association
April 2011 - March 2012
Director of Events
Schulich Case Analysis Club
April 2011 - March 2012
Danceworks , Toronto
January 2011 - March 2012
- Developed key strategy roadmap for the organization as a part of the strategy team.
- Spearheaded the Marketing Strategy committee to develop and implement a new marketing campaign.
Marketing & Social Media Coordinator
Stamet Tech Inc. , Toronto
January 2011 - April 2011
- Marketing and Advertising
- Social Networking and blogging
- Event research, planning and execution
- Producing, editing, managing and tracking promotional campaigns
- Project coordination and management
Key Account Manager
Modine Manufacturing Company , Chennai
June 2008 - July 2010
- Developed & managed over five Key Accounts, Achieving sales of over US $ 42 Million from a New Market.
- Forecasted & monitored cost analysis & financial analysis on all individual projects ensuring their adherence to
company standards (NPV, IRR, MIRR, Investment).
- Planned & developed the sales annual operating, Sales budget and five-year business plan for Modine India.
- Collected & contributed considerable market research and suggested Strategy / Products for Market Entry.
- Planned, developed & Implemented business plan for Market Penetration with a New Product (EGR Cooler) targeting a
top line of over $ 75 million within five years.
- Drafted, moderated & implemented various press releases, advertisements and other marketing campaigns.
- Formulated market forecasts and trends to aid in the Asia Market Strategy for Modine through exhaustive market
research & study of Industry reports like SIAM, ACMA
Programmer Analyst Trainee
Cognizant Technology Solutions , Chennai
September 2007 - June 2008