Website Publishing officer
Department of Education, Employment, and Workplace Relations , Canberra
June 2011 - October 2011
Utilising Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (MOSS 07) and Microsoft Curtomer Relationship Management Technoligies
Apply best web practice, Australian Government and DEEWR standards, policies and procedures for Web Site Publishing
Liase with DEEWR staff, clients and consultants on Web related matters
Assisting with the development and maintence of existing and proposed DEEWR web sites by completing allocated project tasks
Australian National University , Canberra
May 2011 - June 2011
1. Provide responsive and timely help desk support to School admin staff and the College Communication Team for site building and maintenance within the Colleges' Acton Drupal CMS.
2. Engage in face-to-face training of CMS functionality with School admin staff responsible for site building and maintenance, ensuring correct implementation of features and design in line with the Joint Colleges' communication strategy.
3. Undertake project work to further develop the functionality and ease of use of the Joint Colleges' CMS solution.
4. Manage relationships with key stakeholders across the Joint Colleges that result in positive interactions with the College Communication Team and confidence in the College provided CMS platform.
5. As needed, assist with the migration of existing School web sites into the CMS.
6. Other duties as consistent with the classification level of the position and as directed by the Communications Manager
Web Content Author
Department of Innovation, Industry, Science and Research , Canberra
January 2011 - April 2011
(6 Week Migration Contract)
? Working closely with the Procurement Team and the Online Communication Team to produce the Procurement
Toolkit utilising Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (MOSS 07)
? Assisted in developing a new content structure (information architecture)
? Developed User Guide for using the Procurement Toolkit Content Management System
? Gave training to various DIISR staff on how to use web based CMS
? Applied best web practice, Australian Government and DIISR internal style guide standards, policies and procedures
for Web Site Publishing to all pages in the site
? Liaised with DIISR staff about various Web related matters including troubleshooting
? Develop proposed DIISR Web portal by completing allocated project tasks
? Provided help desk support to internal stakeholders about various issues to do with the website and publishing
documents and general requests
AgChatOZ , Australia
July 2010 - October 2011
AgChatOZ is a social media platform aimed at engaging Australian farmers, rural citizens and individuals who have a passion for discussing all issues affecting rural Australia.
Mission: Through social media, we aim to engage and connect rural Australian's via discussions about issues affecting their community. Namely, we hope to offer farmer's an avenue to express their views and opinions. We hope that through social media, we can raise greater awareness about the inspirational work our farmers do, and close the 'city-rural divide'.
AgChatOz is focused on using social media, particularly Twitter, to help farmers and others who have an interest in agriculture in Australia to be able to have an ongoing discussion about Ag related matters.