Management leader focused on:
- Reducing the internal frictions that hold businesses back
- Building products people want to buy
- Developing sustainable and growing opportunity pipelines
- Performance measurement
- Visibility and accountability
- Clear corporate governance
- Corporate turn-around and restart
- Pipeline creation and growth
- Customer retention
- Managing profitable P&Ls
- Establishing rational corporate and product brand identity
- Customer-driven product management for products people want to buy
- Developing and implementing successful growth strategies and tactics
- Building high-functioning business cultures
Psych/Phil Double Major , Psych/Phil Double Major
June 1986 - June 1986
Andover High School
June 1981 - June 1981
Business Development Executive
Content Evolution , Global
February 2012 - August 2012
Content Evolution is a global consulting ecosystem designed to meet selected client needs in branding, customer experience, and organization transformation, using integral practices and proprietary techniques.
Content Evolution discovers and connects core intentions to authentic customer experiences.
Cirrus Media , Boston, MA
February 2011 - August 2012
Business development, brand experience creation, inbound lead generation, services catalog expansion.
Partner, Sales & Accounts
Conversify , Global
June 2010 - August 2012
Conversify is one of the fastest growing Social Media Marketing agencies, tripling its revenues year over year the last two years. The Principals of Conversify have been involved with the Internet for over a decade and have joined forces to develop strategic social media marketing campaigns for organizations using compelling, authentic and dynamic messages.
Co-founder & Board Member
Imagination PlayZone , Philadelphia, PA
October 2008 - August 2012
Indoor children's entertainment venues and swing set sales.
Co-founder and Board Member
Alinea Corporation , Philadelphia, PA
March 2008 - August 2012
Wireless, automated energy savings technologies and services.
VP, Marketing & Product Management
Procure Point Global , Boston, MA
January 2006 - July 2009
Leading funding intiatives, product design and development, market development and customer acquistion.
VP, Worldwide Marketing
PeopleCube (formerly MeetingMaker) , Waltham, MA
July 2001 - May 2003
· Hired as part of restart management team chartered to spin-out, re-launch, and grow long-established collaboration software product as standalone company.
· Built new corporate strategic market direction, product line catalog and market rationalization, cross-departmental go-to-market practices, critical annuity revenue programs, messaging and positioning marketing communications platforms, and corporate and product brand identities.
· Designed and launched worldwide multi-language lead generation programs providing continuous opportunity flow to sales staff.
· Initiated strategy leading to the acquisition of five companies.
· Designed and implemented maintenance program that converted the entire existing and new worldwide userbase to a recurring revenue model in less than nine months.
· Established value-added consulting and training services products and teams.
GM, Premium Products Line
EarthWeb , NY, NY
November 1998 - May 2001
· Built and managed premium subscriptions products business unit. Responsibilities included product management and marketing, sales support, reporting, content development and acquisition, managing commerce site development teams, domestic and international channel development, off-line fulfillment, and customer service organization.
· Held full P&L responsibility for $14MM-a-year business unit.
· Established three successful paid subscription product lines involving both electronic and print delivery in the challenging Internet information services market space.
· Sponsored corporate-wide CRM data mart requirements to achieve high levels of customer retention and circulation growth.
Brand Unit Director
Papyrus Design Group, Cendant Software , Watertown, MA
January 1997 - December 1998
· Recruited as brand unit director for the $30MM-a-year Papyrus Design Group, a major division of large entertainment software conglomerate, Sierra/Vivendi.
· Held full P & L responsibility.
· Developed and implemented long-term Papyrus divisional business growth program expanding product catalog and business lines to double revenues, increase profitability and market share.
· Drove business partnerships with high-profile sports licensors, including NASCAR, CART, NFL, and NBA. And also established long-term co-marketing relationships with Toyota, General Motors, MBNA, Kelloggs, FoodLion and others.
· Initiated and built corporate-level brand units to properly rationalize the diverse corporate product mix to the international marketplace.
OEM Marketing Programs Manager
Lotus Development Corporation/IBM , Cambridge, MA
January 1996 - January 1997
· Achieved 30% worldwide market share gain though the development and execution of OEM co-marketing programs for the Lotus/IBM SmartSuite product line. OEM partners included IBM PC Company, Fujitsu, Compaq, Acer, and AST.
· Developed relational marketing programs to ensure high rates of activation and registration of software delivered on or with computer hardware in order to build a very large sustainable business from the high-volume seeding.
Product Manager, SmartSuite Product Group
Lotus Development Corporation/IBM , Cambridge, MA
February 1994 - January 1996
· Charter product management team member launched the first SmartSuite product and helped establish the large, highly competitive business desktop productivity software category.
· Grew business from start up to $500MM.
· Responsible for full-cycle, worldwide internal- and external-facing product line management and marketing, ranging from market requirements, development, launch, in-market customer support, and product sun setting.
Product Manager, Graphics Products Group
Lotus Development Corporation , Cambridge, MA
December 1990 - January 1993
· Responsible for field sales support, direct customer relationship support programs, product demonstration materials and competitive analysis for successful $100MM+ Lotus Graphics Products Group.
· Liaison to program marketing to ensure successful marketing communications in all marketing programs and collateral materials.
Case Team Assistant
Bain & Company , Boston, MA
January 1987 - December 1990
· Consultant case team assistant working with client project teams.