Steven Stiefel is a photographer, copywriter and social media marketing professional.
Mass Communications , Mass Communications
December 1989 - December 1989
Fort Payne High School
May 1986 - May 1986
Online Editorial & Marketing Director
MavTV , Los Angeles, California
January 2008 - December 2011
• Create broadcast schedule.
• Brand development.
• Generate analytic reports.
• Create viral videos.
Savvy Digital Limited , Sydney, Australia
January 2004 - June 2008
• Scheduled editorial production (interviews, photo shoots, editing, graphics, video).
• Managed content and paperwork in appropriate formats with clear instructions and proper identification, release forms, etc.
• Selected models for weekly editorial features and coordinated their travel and accommodations for photo/video shoots.
• Negotiated photo licensing terms and prices.
• Conducted interviews.
• Repackaged content for approved affiliate partners.
August 2001 - November 2003
Co-founded online magazine and contributed articles and weekly pictorial features. This was a part-time small business venture. This domain sold to Savvy Digital Limited in early 2004.
Steven Stiefel Creative Images , Fort Payne, Alabama
May 1990 - March 2012
Studio-based operation as commercial photographer, offering product photography and portraiture. This was my full-time occupation between 1994-1997. Now freelance, I license images to Photo Editors, Art Buyers and Creative Directors for usage on major features, covers, posters, advertising imagery, packaging, branding, and digital media.
Southern Newspapers , Fort Payne, Alabama
January 1990 - January 2005
• Interviewed, trained, motivated and supervised four full-time reporters.
• Worked closely with the advertising, graphics, and printing press departments to plan and implement various aspects of newspaper production, as well as supplemental print jobs and special editions.
• Used QuarkXPress to paginate the front and select inside pages of each edition.
• Successfully arranged a content partnership between the newspaper and a regional television station for cross-promotional benefits and cost savings realized by both organizations.
• Worked closely with police departments and public officials to inform the public.
• Translated print content effectively onto the Web.
• Represented the company within the community by joining service organizations and giving speeches.
Left this position to work for Savvy Digital Limited.
The Auburn Alumnews , Auburn, Alumnews
January 1988 - December 1989
Student position with alumni association newsletter while attending college. Now titled Auburn Magazine. I managed other student employees during the transition from Foy Union Building to the current home of the Auburn Alumni Association.