Innovative writer, who's an assertive networker with a creative and software savvy background forged from years of experience working in media. A diligent researcher with a strong understanding of social media trends and digital marketing seeking an opportunity to progressively contribute in a high-level environment.
De Montford University
Textiles , Textiles
- September 1997
Freelance Journalist/Press Officer
Freelance Music Industry Journalist, Author and PR , London
- March 2015
Commissioned work for clients in music, business and fashion. Writing promotional and general content for online and print. Developing and managing brands for music promoters, labels and artists. Also a journalist for music portal Renight.com.
* Writing reviews, press releases, features and news for online and print media.
* Copywriting SEO-based content for digital format
*Developing social media marketing and promotional campaigns with clients.
* SEO and Meta Tag optimized content
* Reports, features, reviews, NIB’s, press releases, news content and campaign writing
* Client-based biographies and blog writing
* Liaising with artists, agents, companies and record labels
* Booking and organising photographers and camera crews
* Social media promotion and marketing
* Developing, organising and managing event campaigns
Intelligent Media , London
- September 2008
Worked as part of an international press team across Europe and Asia, for a broadcast monitoring company. Provided clients such as Fox International with a tailor-made press service.
* Editing video footage, rendering and digitising material
* Compiling national and international press articles
* Uploading content, maintaining database, archives and library through CMS
* Handling account enquiries and ad-hoc duties
Presswatch Media , London
- January 2006
Initially selected to provide support to the company's clients and handle maintenance of online clients
* Producing daily press clippings and evaluation reports. Creating company annual reports
* Interacting between clients and team to ensure efficiency, accuracy and punctuality
* Management support, account enquiries, problems and correspondence between departments
Junior Magazine, Beach Publishing , London
- July 2004
First written work published at top parenting magazine. Wrote editorial for Junior London and life skills page for forthcoming issues, undertook extensive research using medical research to ensure accuracy of articles.
Granada Television, ITV , London
- May 2004
Worked for daytime television programmes, duties included finding stories and participants for reality shows; transcribing audio and video; assisting on location and filming.
Xtreme Information , London
- January 2004
Providing a media evaluation service in a press agency for its clients, working as part of the UK division.
* Wrote press summaries and newswires, transferred to a live server
* Proofread and sub-edited press articles; created PDF formatted articles for manual or electronic distribution and archiving material to electronic library
* Created new databases to provide easy-retrieval systems for clients; managing the database and picture library archive
* Shared responsibility of sourcing and collating material, obtaining copyright clearance and credits information
MTV Networks Europe , London
- September 2002
Undertaken opportunity to work on a new website for VH1. Brought in to offline edit and stream video footage.
* Captured video footage was edited and encoded for the web
* Uploading and maintaining content
* Use of HTML for coding
Online Producer, The Edge
BBC World Service , London
- August 2002
New contract secured to undertake new role as Online Producer for The Edge.
* Assisted producer in organisation of programmes
* Researched material for the website and organised music features
* Created and produced regular articles for the website
* Handling telephone enquiries, screened potential leads
* Communication with external departments, dealing with media laws, providing ad-hoc information, maintaining confidentiality
BBC World Service , London
- April 2001
Secured role to provide cover as a team assistant in the new media department.
* Updated World Service News for 70 foreign language departments
* Use of in-house CMS system
* Edited web pages for Poems by Post and Woman's Hour radio programmes
* Prepared articles for regular editions and provided daily maintenance to the world service web pages
* Encoded audio for website, responded to snail mail/email enquiries and questions from World Service listeners
* Arranged meetings and organised diaries for senior staff members