Lewis & Clark College
Communications , Communications
June 1997 - June 1997
Monta Vista High School
June 1993 - June 1993
TVN Entertainment , Burbank, CA
December 2008 - January 2012
• Maintained the health of a network of over 300 IBM X-series servers to ensure accurate and timely content delivery to TVN’s affiliates.
• Troubleshot and maintained satellite receivers and Cisco firewalls in the field.
• Configured hardware for onsite plug-and-play connectivity to affiliate equipment.
• Provided phone and email support for affiliate issues and hardware installation
Desoto Institute of Problemology , Hollywood, CA
April 2007 - January 2012
• Developed an ongoing, original web comedy series, “Problems with the Professor” (http://www.problemology.org).
• Conceived story concepts and directed, shot, and co-edited 54 episodes to date.
• Managed online distribution and promotion.
• Managed DVD authoring for competition and festival submissions.
Affiliate Marketing Supervisor
TVN Entertainment , Sherman Oaks, CA
April 2002 - December 2008
• Develop strategies, systems, and best practices to support the marketing objectives of TVN and its distribution affiliates
• Write and design a wide variety of marketing and promotional materials, including direct mail campaigns, ad slicks, e-mail blasts, sales kits, web banners, on-hold messaging, and point-of-sale sheets.
• Led the development of TVN’s customizable barker video system, which now generates over $1.5 million in annual revenue.
• Manage music content for the company’s industry-leading Karaoke Channel, devising and administering procedures for transcoding and branding.
• Designed training programs for content providers on how to efficiently create and package their marketing assets.
• Supported corporate re-branding efforts.
• Acted as webmaster for corporate website.
• Report to the Vice President, Marketing.
Technical Problem Solving
US Site Editor
Vitaminic.com , San Francisco, CA
January 2001 - April 2002
• Created and managed all U.S. editorial content for a multinational music promotion and distribution site, offering digital music tracks from independent and major labels such as BMG, EMI, Sony, and Universal.
• Wrote daily news articles, special features, newsletters, and other content to promote the company’s artists and music tracks.
• Coordinated with major record labels to develop promotional and marketing materials.
• Worked closely with the company’s international editors to translate and repurpose overseas content in multiple languages for use on the U.S. site.
• Reviewed user-generated content for compliance with legal and editorial standards.
• Developed and managed graphics and branding for the company’s U.S. website.
Online Editor, MacAddict.com (now Mac|Life)
Future Network USA , San Francsico, CA
November 1999 - December 2000
• Launched and edited the online sister edition of North America’s leading Apple-focused computing magazine.
• Wrote and edited daily news and features, including a Week in Review column with key articles and news stories.
• Managed staff and freelance writers to develop feature articles and product reviews.
• Created the Opinions section, setting editorial direction and writing op-ed pieces.
• Led cross-promotional efforts for the MacAddict Network, an ad-revenue-sharing association of leading Mac-related websites.
• Partnered with backend developer to design new sections and features for the site.
• Attended trade shows to provide coverage of Mac-related events and product launches.
• Developed, scripted, and shot “The Mac-o-Phile Hunter,” a streaming video series highlighting Mac user participation in leading trade shows.
• Contributed features and reviews to the MacAddict print magazine and other Imagine publications, including MaximumLinux, MaximumPC, and Digital Foto.
Technical Support Representative
Stream Global service Inc , Portland, OR
March 1999 - October 1999
• Provided second-tier technical support for clients, including a major national internet service provider and a leading online banking service.
• Resolved connection, configuration, and other issues for PC and Macintosh users.
• Trained newly hired first- and second-tier support representatives.
Junior Web Developer
Inherent, Inc. , Portland, OR
December 1997 - February 1999
• Created customizable, template-based brochure websites for clients, including law offices and financial services companies.
• Developed new site templates and features.
• Interviewed and trained web developer candidates and new hires.
Technical Support Representative
Now Software , Portland, OR
May 1997 - November 1997
• Supported the company’s contact/calendar management and PDA synchronization software, providing phone- and internet-based support for both PC and Macintosh users.
• Tracked call center performance statistics.
• Trained and supervised newly hired technical support representatives.