North Seattle CC
Science , Science
Healthline Networks, Inc. , San Francisco
March 2012 - May 2012
Collaborate with Java engineers and designers to build new products and redesign existing products.
Front End Engineer
Care2 , Redwood Shores
June 2011 - January 2012
• collaborate with design and back end engineers to fix bugs, add new features to the websites, and ad hoc support for one-off campaign and marketing requests.
• when possible, help with small back-end, PHP tasks
Front End Developer
Public Library of Science , San Francisco
February 2011 - June 2011
• Worked with members of the development team to enhance core product features and develop new ones.
• Met aggressive deadlines.
• Contributed Java (Struts 2, JSP, XSLT) coding skills to the application back end.
• Participated in daily SCRUM.
• Collaborated with the Product Designer when implementing designs.
Web Developer (via LG Consulting)
Group Health Cooperative , Seattle
August 2010 - February 2011
Owner & Consultant
Vimcat , Telecommute
June 2010 - June 2012
UI Development consultant. Current and past clients:
• Viallo Internet
Zulily, Inc. , Seattle
February 2010 - June 2010
Eddie Bauer , Bellevue
July 2009 - February 2010
Lead UI Developer (Senior Developer)
AT&T , Bothell
February 2008 - July 2009
Lead the UI development team and developed the UI for Premier.
• Mentored, coached and managed team members
• Point of contact for content and UI Dev for Premier
• Matched team member's strengths to new projects and assign projects and priorities
• Worked closely with Project Mgmt, Dev Leads, and Marketing to gather deliverables on time to meet project deadlines
• Worked closely with business analysts, designers and Java developers to help finalize requirements, wireframes and develop a technical design document
• Worked with QA Analysts and System Administrators to resolve issues as quickly as possible
• Adhered to W3C standards
• Created cross browser/platform code
• Worked on multiple environments and projects concurrently (production, QA, development) using Eclipse and SVN
Developer (via Apex Systems)
AT&T Mobility , Bothell
May 2007 - February 2008
Responsible for developing the presentation layer for AT&T's Premier, B2B eCommerce website.
• Work closely with business analysts, designers and Java developers to help finalize requirements, wireframes and develop a technical design document
• Work with QA Analysts and System Administrators to resolve issues as quickly as possible
• Adhere to W3C standards
• Create cross browser/platform code
• Work on multiple environments and projects concurrently (production, QA, development) using Eclipse and SVN
July 2006 - April 2007
Classmates.com , Renton
January 2005 - July 2006
• Built and maintained web pages
• Worked in a team environment with software engineers and project managers
• Followed direction provided by technical leads
• Tackled prioritized tasks and worked in a schedule with deadlines
• Tested projects thoroughly and outlined release notes for testers
• Debugged web page problems and quickly responded to address them
• Manipulated and optimized graphics from files provided by web designers
Consumer Health Interactive , San Francisco
March 2000 - November 2004
Created and maintained the JHTML templates which are composed of ATG Dynamo (a Java-based Web server application) Server Pages (combined with server-side JavaBeans and servlets that control the back-end) and standard HTML to serve dynamic content and interactive tools.
ThirdAge Media , San Francisco
May 1999 - May 2000
Maintained features and web pages. Performed various administrative and accounting duties as assigned.